Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Finally got TT5 to work with Bluetooth GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally got TT5 to work with Bluetooth GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jase1_pompey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Finally got TT5 to work with Bluetooth GPS Reply with quote

OK, this may not apply to all you guys but i had major trouble getting tom tom 5 to work with bluetooth gps, i've now got it to see i have a gps unit, these are the steps i used.

Equipment Imate Jam, Fortuna BT GPS Clip On.

Firstly i had an xda2i and was unsuccessful in getting this to work, then i found out the xda2i is not compatible with TT5 and this is from Tom Tom's own mouth, anyway found out it was compatible with an imate jam which i also had, tried installing it on there but it would not let me activate it so i had to get tom tom to reset my code, once that was done had the same issues with with it not seeing my gps device.

So here is what i did.

Ensured my BT GPS was paired with my imate jam

Had Bluetooth enabled.

Removed the battery from the gps unit and re-added it causing it to do a reset, ensure battery was in st mode, left it charging up and switched on.

Next using active sync removed all traces of tom tom on my imate jam and removed the maps from the sd card.

Re-installed Tom Tom 5 onto my imate jam. (Do not start it)
Installed maps onto sd card in imate jam from pc but it hung. Deleted what was intalled on sd card and re-installed from pc to sd card reader in my pc.

Next inserted card into imate jam

Started up tom tom, entered preferences, it then asked me for my address and then my activation code (or the other way around).

Then asked for my gps i selected, other nmea gps with 38400 baud and blutooth com port 5, it then went into the map but greyed out saying it lost the gps signal, however i went into the gps screen and saw it trying to locate satellites.

This is further than i have ever got before, so i am fairly confident that this will work when i go outside.

Hope this helps with some of you guys, the key thing is i think my GPS was not reset correctly to ST mode (should be red when searching for satellites but was orange xt mode) which might have been a major cause, but i complete re-install of tom tom may have helped also.
jase1_pompey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add that i stuck it in the car, it took about a minute to get a fix and it works fine.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: