Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom BT Navigator for Zire 72???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom BT Navigator for Zire 72???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Immo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Tomtom BT Navigator for Zire 72??? Reply with quote

Hi

has anyone tested the tomtom BT Navigator with a Zire 72 yet.
I saw that palmOne is offering a bundle with the tomtom software and a different BT gps receiver for the T3 and the Zire 72. That offer is of course of no help for me as I need a UK version and not a US one.

So as anyone tested the UK version with the Zire 72?

Before I spend over £200 I would like to know whether it will work on my Palm:-)

Is the tomtom navigator the best BT solution you can get for Palm?

regards

Immo
rhd_delorean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom BT Navigator for Zire 72??? Reply with quote

I am in the same situation as you... can anyone give us an answer?

BTW, I am new here... I wanna ask a few questions:

I have a PalmOne Zire 72 and want it to do SAT Navigation, can I simply buy any bluetooth GPS Receiver, then buy (for example) TomTom Navigator Palm? Will it work?

Or simply, can I buy the 'TomTom GPS for Palm OS Tungsten T3 PDAs'? Will it work on my Zire 72??

If worse comes to worse... I might as well go for a TomTom Go...

Thanks in advance for your help!
CTHindi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Zire 72 GPS navigation pak from palmone.

This came with Palmone branded Bluetooth receiver and US maps. With windshield mount and all 64 mb card ( Could have been better) It is working very fine. I believe the receiver could be same as Tom Tom one.

I am not sure if this bundle is available with maps for Europe. But I am quite happy with what I got and the price ( 350$ after rebate including Zire72)

I find the screen size adequate enough and not a significant need to spend 150 dollars to go with T5 or pocket PC route.
rhd_delorean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CTHindi! BTW, does the unit u got for your zire 72 comes with voice instructions?? How is it performing??
CTHindi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zire 72 has built in speaker. I am pretty happy with voice instructions over that. You can hear them comfortably even with the radio on.
It does not have any external speaker like Garmin I*que. It is performing very well and I am pretty happy although I would have prefered some control over routing. It does support one via point.

I see navigator pak for Palm on tom tom UK website. This would not include palm but include everything else including the receiver. That is with software installed on SD card and is for T3 ( i Guess that should work for Zire72 I believe since most products have both T3 and Zire 72 as compatible models). But the price there ( € 349) is more than what I paid for the complete kit including Zire 72, palmone BT receiver and Mount and US maps ( Sorry I can't find anything with UK maps here)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: