Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Re syncing with my pockets PC Documents
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Re syncing with my pockets PC Documents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re syncing with my pockets PC Documents Reply with quote

HI All,

Here is a little question:-

Even though i repeatdley told my old fella not to let his battery run out on his 2210 he's only gone and let it run out. Now i have the issue of reinstalling everything (Concerns me a little due to the activation of software for Tom Tom?). The main concern is how do i get the pocket PC to resync with existing pocket PC documents. I currently have a pocket PC documnets folder on the PC called "Charlie Pocket PC documents". If i rename the ipag to charlie as it was before the battery run out it will not resync with the existing documnets folder on the desktop PC even though they have the same name? It says a device already has that name so the device needs another name or sync via a guest partnership? I am assuming that everytime an ipaq/pocket pc loses power it is issued a new uniqe identifier label internally so regardless of what you call your pocket pc the label changes to a new random label after recharging from dead (does that make sense? :0) )?
How can this be avoided so that resyncing with existing documents is possible?
Am i now going to have problems reinstalling Tom Tom?
How can i or should i say my dad, avoid the problems associated with total power loss therefore losing data & applications......... yeah yeah, i know the obvious is to keep the pocket pc's charge topped up :P
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be no problems reinstalling TomTom - you can use the same activation information.

On the PC's activeSync, with the Pocket PC NOT connected, go to File > Delete Partnership. Do NOT delete the synchronized files folder.

Then name the Pocket PC Charlie again, and pop it into the Cradle. Create a new standard Partnership and include the flie transfer. Make sure to "Replace items on this device with the items on the computer". Remember that the Pocket PC always (ALWAYS!!!) is only a secondary device. Any important information MUST be stored on the PC.

What you should also do is teach him how to do backups of the iPAQ onto storage card. There's a built in backup program for that.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: