Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Defining itineraries in MN4 - what's it like?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Defining itineraries in MN4 - what's it like?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianhb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Defining itineraries in MN4 - what's it like? Reply with quote

I am looking for a GPS that I can use to guide me along a pre-defined route; for touring purposes. I see that MN4 can set waypoints to guide its navigation - my question is: how easy is this to do?

How does one define the waypoints on the PDA? is it tap the map? can one drag the line of a route to the roads you want to use?

Is it possible to define routes on a PC and upload (download?) them to the PDA? Is this easier than using the PDA application?

Can such defined routes be saved? Shared with others?

How many waypoints can be set? How many routes can be defined?

Is it possible to set a route with the same place as start and finish Question

If you stray off route does MN4 recalculate to the next waypoint or to the final destination Question

Sorry for so many questions, please answer as few or as many as you are able Smile

Many thanks,

Ian
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the opening screen, click "Several destinations" and then add your stops (we tend not to call them waypoints - that is a topographical term)

You can add stops by entering an address, selecting a POI, picking from the map, from recent or saved destinations, or from contacts.

Routes cannot be defined on a PC

Routes can be saved, retrieved, and shared.

There is no limit on the number of stops/destinations, or the number of routes (well, your memory is the limit)

Yes, you can create a round trip route.

I'm not recaling this exactly but I think you can discard stops/destinations if you want to move on to the next one.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ianhb

Using Navigon 4

You may plan as many itineraries as you want, e.g. for holidays. You may save them and use them later for navigation, also at any moment you may add stage points, modify the order of the stages, or display the itinerary on the map. It can be set to stop at any given stage, or continue to the next. If you turn off the unit (sleep mode - as long as you do not come out of the navigation mode) and turn it back on say after viewing that lake you just stopped at, it continues without any problem from where you left off.

Regards

PocketGps
chrisdhall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

Routes cannot be defined on a PC

It is possible to create routes on the PC - From the main MapExport screen under "Create new Map". "selecting a corridor based on a route"

Create your itinerary, you can then save it to the PC or to the Pocket PC. You can also load an itinerary from the PC or Pocket PC. You don't have to create the corridor of maps if you already have the map segments on the pocket PC (ie whole of the UK). It isn't obvious I missed it for a while

As the stored in .rte files, I guess you can mail the file to some who also has MN4.
druck
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also there is a preference option to automatically go to the next desination. This is useful for waypoints as it doesn't require you to tell it to continue after you have reached each one.

Cheers
---Dave
ianhb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you miss your destination/stage point by a few miles?

Will it give up on it and route you to the next one? Can you easily tell it to give up and move on - e.g. with a couple of screen taps?

Ian
chrisdhall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to get to that stage point, it will keep trying to route you to it! If you want to skip that stage point and go on to the next just pick the one you want from the stage point list and hit start navigation. It will calculate route from where ever you are to your chosen stage point

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: