Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI camera database with Tomtom mobile.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI camera database with Tomtom mobile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: POI camera database with Tomtom mobile. Reply with quote

Confused Hi I have recently bought a tom tom mobile which I am using on a Nokia 6600.
Firstly I created a POI catagory called pocketgps uk gatso then created a point in it, just to have something there, checked the map and there it was. Then, I downloaded, extract, transfered, etc etc the files to the phone overwriting the ov2 and bmp files Correct so far???????
When I go back to the tom tom software the POI group has disapeared then when I try to make the group again it tells me that it already exists.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Mike Donnelly
ccoxall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Tom Tom Mobile POI Problem Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad I'm in the same trouble only even more frustrating!

I had the full safety camera database operating on my 6600 I've just downloaded and installed the latest (December 2004) version and TTM won't show any of the camera POI's. Worse still I reinstalled the previous version and it now won't show them either.

So I would appreciate any help.

By the way - if you do get it running you will need to look at the fix previously posted to cure the scrambled sound problem

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12130&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
ccoxall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Just remembered - when you transfer files to the smartcard using Nokia PC Suite you will need to tick the archieve box in the file properties after transfer. Only then will TTM recognise the file. Works for me hope it does for you!
Meic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed your advice and it was perfect.

Thanks very much.

Read the messages about the sound is this a fault also with the december files?
ccoxall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, I just asummed that it would be and converted the files back and forth as a precausionary measure in any case. Be interested to hear if you experience any problems without runing them through the converters. Cause it's just extra hassle.

TomTom Mobile for the Nokia 6600 is the donkey's cahoonahs when it works, but why do I get the fealing we are Beta testing it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: