Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS diagnosis software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS diagnosis software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LJM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: GPS diagnosis software Reply with quote

I recently bought a GPS from ebay (in hindsight not a good idea and would reccomend against this). The GPS is a unbranded Compact Flash type which plugs into my Dell X50v. As this was an upgrade from my previous hardware I am still using my original TomTom software as opposed to forking out for the latest version of TomTom... The GPS cannot get a lock and the ebay seller is trying to avoid helping me at all costs.
My question is .... is there any freeware software out there that I can use indendently from TomTom that will at least give me some comfort that it is not TomTom causuing the problem. or if it is TomTom at least I'll be spending the upgrade cost a bit more confident it should work.

Thanks

Les
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leadtek's Winfast Navigator is a useful utility, it is available in our Downloads area.

It would also help if we could identify the CF card, is it similar to any that we have previously reviewed or alternatively if you provide the link to the eBay Sale I can see if I recognise it?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: