Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cassette adaptor problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cassette adaptor problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Cassette adaptor problem Reply with quote

I'm using one of those cassette adaptors to feed music and TomTom instructions from my Pocket PC through my car stereo.
It works fine in my car, but in my other half's car the tape mechanism just keeps clicking between forwards and reverse play directions every couple of seconds and no sound comes out. I'm guessing that her player senses when the trailing sprocket isn't rotating, takes this to mean that the tape has stopped, and so switches sides - over and over again.
Does anyone know of a brand of cassette adaptor where the two wheels are connected so that this won't happen? (Or have any other idea what's going wrong?)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry,

Some car cassette players do have this problem. I've never purchased a cassette adaptor myself, I've always used the one that came with my Goodmans CD player / car kit. However I do recall that there was an extra tab and magnetic plate that you had to insert into the cassette end where the tape would usually be to adapt it for certain cars. I suspect if you purchased a new cassette adaptor from Amazon or some other store you'll find that this comes with it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: