Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Driving and walking choice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Driving and walking choice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spike232
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Driving and walking choice Reply with quote

i am currently tring to choose the best gps reciever for my needs

i will be using a ipaq h4150 pda, i plan on using it for both driving and walking

currently i am considering between TomTom Navigator 3 - Bluetooth GPS and Fortuna Clip-On Bluetooth GPS

would they both be sutable for both drivign and walking? if so which would u recommend? or is there any other candidates i have overlooked?
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
TomTom Navigator 3 is a good choice for street navigation however Navman's SmartSTv3 is on the horizon which may be worthy of consideration (comes with more up-to-date maps).

Any Bluetooth receiver is good, especially for walking as this will not drain the 4150 battery, choose one with a long battery life.

However you will need topographical maps for your walks. Steet nav maps such as TTN3 are no good for the hills.
Take a look at Anquet, Memory Map or Fugawi for OS mapping.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
ciberquin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Fortuna Clip-On Bluetooth GPS and have found it to be very good with a long battery life of about 8 hours and the battery can be changed with a standard nokia phone battery if your you need an extended use with no charger available.
Malchemilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icsys wrote:
Hi
TomTom Navigator 3 is a good choice for street navigation however Navman's SmartSTv3 is on the horizon which may be worthy of consideration (comes with more up-to-date maps).

Any Bluetooth receiver is good, especially for walking as this will not drain the 4150 battery, choose one with a long battery life.

However you will need topographical maps for your walks. Steet nav maps such as TTN3 are no good for the hills.
Take a look at Anquet, Memory Map or Fugawi for OS mapping.

I was interested to see the above reply. I have recently bought TT Navigator with TT Bluetooth GPS receiver and an iPAQ 4150, but though the set-up is OK in the car, it's totally useless for street walking as it quickly loses track of my position and gives me nonsensical directions. I have the GPS receiver in my pocket and the iPAQ in my hand - though I've tried hanging the reveiver from my neck to keep it more steady - but that hasn't helped at all. What am I doing wrong?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: