Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HX 4700 Patch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HX 4700 Patch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevtyler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: HX 4700 Patch Reply with quote

Hi,

HX4700 / Fortuna Clip-on gps, no gps info received by Tom Tom 3.07

I downloaded the recommended patch below
http://www.pocketpc-club.nl./content.php?id=3441
after using explorer to copy it into thr HX4700, when I double click on the file to install it I get the following message "There is no application associated fix "FIXNEW-1" run the application first then open this file from within the application"
OK, got to admit at this point I am stuck,.

please help

Trev
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It sounds like the file has been renamed somewhere along the way or you copied the contents of the file. I think it's most likely you copied the contents of the .cab file after opening it on your PC. You don't need to open it, just copy the whole .cab file and click on that on your hx4700.

It should be "TomTom fix hx4700.cab" when you have copied it over and then you click on the file on your PocketPC in a file explorer as you say. This will "run" the cab and apply the patch.

BTW: You will need a soft reset after that and then com8 should appear as an option in TT GPS when selecting the Bluetooth GPS receiver. I selected NMEA 0183v2 Bluetooth and Bluetooth Serial Port Com 8. Things should start to work after that.

Also, when Tomtom asks which Bluetooth connection to start make sure you check the Connect Automatically box and it will totally problem after that.

John
trevtyler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi japester36

You were dead right about what I had done with the file, it showed on my home pc as a .rar so I opened it up and copied the contents over,

Ok, I have now got the file into the HX4700 and opened it up, it has installed ok, this can be checked by clicking on it again, giving the message do you wan to reinstall,
Unfortunately TT GPS still does not receive the signal, settings as you suggested are NMEA 0183v2 Bluetooth and Bluetooth Serial Port Com 8,
serial ports info shows as "in com port 5" and "out com port 8"
soft reset also carried out as mentioned,
Bluetooth wise, I get a good solid continues lock, so I don't think the problem lies there,

If you have any more ideas, I would be very grateful.

Trev
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trev,

My serial ports show up the same as yours and on that screen I can also see that ClipOn-BTGPS is the default device for an outgoing serial connection.

Silly question..... have you Bluetooth paired the ClipOn to the hx4700? It shoulp pair as an SPP slave service.

I found it easy to set up but paired first before going through the patch and TTGPS setup otherwise I have done the same as you.

John
trevtyler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply,
Yes I have paired the devices, before and after installing the patch (just to make sure) and yes it shows as a SPP slave service, although the bluetooth icon for the gps receiver does have a blue question mark on it, not to sure if this has any relevance or not.

Trev
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trev,

I don't have a question mark and haven't seen one either. It does sound like this could be the next problem.

I've checked all the documentation that I have and can't find any reference to what that means.

What do the properties of that Icon tell you?

Mine shows a valid Device name, Address and Service as SPP Slave.

Authentication is off and Profiles is set as Default.

Any help?

John
trevtyler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Hooray, I finally got it working,
I found the answer in the Fortuna forum on this site, it was simple really, just remove the battery from the fortuna for 24hrs, this re-sets the unit, battery then back in, Tom Tom to nmea38400 b/tooth com 8, along withe the installed patch that you helped me with, suddenly it all came to life, I cannot tell you how pleased I was, it must have ben the fault of the gps mouse,
This post is just to thank you for all of your help, when I was struggling to get it all working you don't know how much I appreciated the fact that someone was prepared to put themselves out to give me a hand,

can I finish with one last question ?
when you have finished with the tom tom software, how do you end the session,
just exiting from TT must leave the gps still running, or do you turn off the b/tooth first,

thanks again

regards

Trev
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trev,

I'm glad it's working.

I just exit from TT and GPS closes as well, automatically. This then stops the Bluetooth comms with the Fortuna. The blue light stops on the Fortuna to indicate this.

Bluetooth is still running at this point but I am going to try a utility that will even turn this on and off dependent upon which app you are using. If it works I'll post that too.

Cheers
John
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wonderful people :D

Spent hours trying to get my HX4700 and Fortuna to work together. The final posts in this thread finally gave me the answer I needed, I had already tried taking the battery out, but this time I left it for a bit longer and hey presto all's fixed.

Thanks Guys Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: