Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPAQ as bluetooth headset
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPAQ as bluetooth headset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: iPAQ as bluetooth headset Reply with quote

Hi all, can anyone tell me if it is possible to use an iPAQ 2210 as a bluetooth headset for a bluetooth enabled mobile (K700i). I assume that this would need some sort of software update to the iPAQ. It would enable me to use the ipaq as an incar hands free unit. If so would it be able to run at the same time as a bluetooth link to TomTom3?
thanks
LP
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not possible - I don't believe any Windows CE device using the Broadcom (nee Widcomm) Bluetooth stack has the necessary Headset or Handsfree profile.

Most iPAQs don't have official support for Bluetooth headsets even - this is the Audio Gateway profile. On all but the latest machines you have to enable support with a registry hack and I could never get it to work (iPAQ h3970, Pocket PC 2003 - ROM 4.00.08). The headset support does work on my new iPAQ hx4700 which has the very latest Broadcom Bluetooth stack.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: