Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - problem h2210 / cf gps-lp / ttn2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

problem h2210 / cf gps-lp / ttn2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: problem h2210 / cf gps-lp / ttn2 Reply with quote

Hi

I have no issues with the above combination execpt that after installing the 2.7 drivers and ttn2 I loose the ability to use the NEVO (infared) application.

th only thing loaded on the unit is the above - I hard resetted last night and then NEVO worked (although the hard reset didn't wipe out my tv settings!) then I reinstalled the pretec drives and ttn2 and NEVO stopped working again. I don't want to hard reset again until I know which is the problem - although I may if no one else has seen this.

The NEVO app appears to work but nothing happens and in the about NEVO box the libary version and software versions are blank - they have the serial no.'s again after the hard reset.

Thanks

Ian
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretec's LP Drivers have never really been that reliable (IMO), there's been lots of people experiencing lots of problems with them, although I've only tested the earlier drivers.

Personally I would report this to Pretec. It sounds like Pretec are including too many DLL's in their package that might be stomping over other companies DLL's.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: pretec Reply with quote

ian ive never used the pretec drivers ever try using the tomtom driver 2.08 should sort it out as ive never had any problems with nevo stopping with this set up im using a 2210 and standard version gps receiver hopefully that ll sortit Thumbs Up Idea

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alix

thanks for that but the lp card is a "soft" card and needs drivers to operate at an operating system level before any gps function will work. In tomtom the gps driver works fine once the pretec driver is working

I've "solved" my problem by using my old 3850 with the pretec and leaving it in the car permenantly - was going to give it to the wife but brought her a palm tungsten e (absolutley fantastic as a pda) instead.

I think for car use the 3850 is better than the 2210 as the screen is larger and the speaker, because it's on the front, is far louder when in the car. I will probably buy a new bt gps setup next year but whilst the 3850 works I'll think I'll stick with what I've got.

As an aside I normally have all 8 sats locked using the lp card with an external antenna and performance is quick and stable.

Cheers

Ian
kalmanka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: pretec Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
ian ive never used the pretec drivers ever try using the tomtom driver 2.08 should sort it out as ive never had any problems with nevo stopping with this set up im using a 2210 and standard version gps receiver hopefully that ll sortit Thumbs Up Idea

hy!

I'm a beginner in the PPC vs. GPS theme, & a need a little help from you. from where can i download this driver? My 2210 (2003premium sys) want not use the PretecGPS-LP card.

the driver 2.7.3 was not good, i dont no what can i take!

please help me somebody! Laughing

(please forgive me, but i'm not fluent english)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: