Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - UK traffic camera info on Navman?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

UK traffic camera info on Navman?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kermudgeon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: UK traffic camera info on Navman? Reply with quote

I'm looking to purchase a GPS navigation system for my car. I have an Ipaq 3850 so have focussed on PocketPC-based systems. Following a bit of research I am thinking about getting a Navman 3450 sleeve (£200?). I like the fact that there is no separate GPS unit, making it a completely portable single unit outside of the car as well (although I haven't managed to find many review re: its unplugged battery life). I understand that all the interference issues on previous versions of this sleeve have been sorted out on the 3450. Is this so?

One thing I would like on the system is a Uk traffic camera POI. Is any such software available for the Navman? Most of the software listed on this site appears to be designed for Tom Tom or other makes. I am assuming here that the Navman sleeve only works with the ***StPro software that comes with this unit.

Ideally I would like an Ipaq sleeve system running Tom Tom software. Is there any such beast?

All feedback appreciated.
Kermudgeon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, when you try to read the review on this site for the Navman 3450 sleeve it takes you to the review for the previous version (3400, I think). I know that a review for the 3450 exists, because I found it via a Google search.

Dodgy link somewhere.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Firstly the 3450 sleeve will work with TomTom.
It will come with Smart STv1 maps. £175 ish.
OS maps work well with it too. Which is probably why you are considering it?

Points to note:
If used away from a power supply (car) it will drain the iPAQ battery so usability is limited. Maybe reduced battery life by half.

HP is moving away from sleeve support. No new iPAQ now or in the future will support them. If you ever need to replace your 3850 you will either need to buy second hand or discard the sleeve and upgrade to either wired or Bluetooth a newer iPAQ.

Review:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/navman3450.php
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: