Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A simple starters guide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A simple starters guide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlivingstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: A simple starters guide Reply with quote

Hi

Just bought TomTom3 V3.03 (427) and an Axim x30 :D

All I want to do is navigate to my Outlook Contacts and be warned of speed cameras. Smile

After reading the forums, this does seem achievable but at the cost of installing and configuring extra software. Sad

As a newbie, what is the minimum config of extra software I need to achieve both my goals? 8O

...sigh...

Martin
Any help appreciated!!!!
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can navigate to Outlook contacts with existing TomTom3 software. You just need to be careful with entering the adress correctly. Mine works fine, although I have set up a POI database for my family and friends - much easier.

As far as Speed cameras are concerned you need something like CheckPOInt loaded - a free programme which is excellent and detects and notifies you of POIs approaching. I would recommend version 2.0.2 -you can find it on this site, and the speed camera POI database also from this site.

Steve
mlivingstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
I'm entering details into outlook contacts as it asks for them on a virgin installation, yet TT3 can't find any of them. Do l need to modify the way l enter details or is TT3 being awkward? l have the whole of the UK map installed. The TT3 user guide makes it sound *so simple* .... Rolling Eyes

Martin
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried it on a couple of Outlook addresses and it works fine on my 2210 with PPC Windows 2003. When in "all contacts" keep the stylus on one with the address in and choose option Navigate to.... It then asks me if I am sure and comes up with the street name and Postcode. Tap Yes and it plans route.

Now I input the address in "work address" and show as

183 Gladstone Road
District
Leicester LE6 4PW
United Kingdom

Please note this is a ficticious address!!

The easiest way is still to set up a POI for all your addresses though.

Steve
mlivingstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveW said : -"I have tried it on a couple of Outlook addresses and it works fine on my 2210 with PPC Windows 2003. When in "all contacts" keep the stylus on one with the address in and choose option Navigate to.... It then asks me if I am sure and comes up with the street name and Postcode. Tap Yes and it plans route."

Steve - I am doing the exct same as you. I have e-mithered TomTom as there must be a version incompatibility somewhere between the App & OS.

Thanks for your help tho'

Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: