Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Use of Memorize Position
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Use of Memorize Position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantom_Eagle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Use of Memorize Position Reply with quote

Is it possible to travel on a road not shown in a planned route and use the Memorize icon to later go via that point?

At the moment I am instructed to do a U turn at the top of my road. This is a dual carriage way! A year ago a new by-pass was constructed a little further along the dual carriage way, which is the road I need to take. Tomtom tells me to U turn at this point to get back on route but I wish to turn right onto the by-pass instead. If I start the by-pass and Memorize that position will I be able to use that road next time I plan a route by going via that memorized position?.

Alternatively, is there a recognized procedure to do this sort of thing other than my method (which is untried)?.
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the By-pass an old road, or is it a "green field" to TT.

If there is no road there in the old map info, you cannot tell TT3 to go that way. If there is a road, you might be able to use Itinerary.

TomTom will calculate the best route when you come off the bypass anyway, just ignore it when you want to go your own way..... Laughing

Steve
Phantom_Eagle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, it's a new one replacing a small cul-de-sac side turning.
I navigated to this and then memorized, but of course it all went blank when I reached the end.

However carrying on it eventually picked up the roundabout at the end and I was back on the original route which took me to this roundabout after the U turn I couldn't make.

I see now that any time I deviate or cannot execute the instructions I just ignore the frantic requests to turn round and a route is re-planned to get me on course..... clever.

Thanks for the reply, by the way I ticked the 'notify me' but didn't get an e-mail. Found your reply by visiting the forum.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: