Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is this supposed to happen...?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this supposed to happen...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Is this supposed to happen...? Reply with quote

I just used TT3 to navigate from Somerset to a postcode destination in north Wales. The postcode (LL53 8EY) covers quite a wide area but is centred on the village of Sarn Meyllteyrn whereas my actual destination is nearer to Rhiw.
As I approached my destination, TT3's vocal directions and the route on my Axim's screen told me to turn right to Sarn Meyllteyrn however I ignored these and took a left turn then another left turn into the dead-end lane where the house was.
Just as I reached the turn into the drive TT3 announced 'You have reached your destination'; I confess to not watching the screen to see what was happening as it's very narrow, twisty lane.
My question is: if you ask TT3 to plot a route using only the postcode for the destination, does it automatically re-route to every address which has that postcode as you approach it or did I experience a 'fluke'? It didn't announce I had arrived when I passed two other houses in the same lane.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: