Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - O/T - Adjusting Brightness
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

O/T - Adjusting Brightness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: O/T - Adjusting Brightness Reply with quote

Sorry this is completely off topic but hopefully one of you guys can help, or at least point me in the right direction.

I'm having trouble adjusting the brightness of my Ipaq 2210 V1.1, when I go into the backlight/brightness screen I can't move either of the sliders, I just get the error beep. Any ideas of what might be locking the sliders up ?

Thanks

Jim
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a soft reset (by pressing the button at the back with a stylus), this often solves problems.
JimM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, tried a soft reset but still no joy

Thanks anyway
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any programmes installed that could interfere with the backlight settings e.g Battery pack pro or other today plug-in.
JimM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Drummer

I did give a demo of battery pack pro a trial but have now uninstalled it, is it possible that there are still a few bits in the registry ?? If so any ideas how I get rid of them ?

Thanks for your help

Jim
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be worth re-installing the battery pack app. see if this fixes the problem, then you could uninstall again. It is possible that the previous uninstall did not remove everything.

If this doesn't work then you may need to edit the registry, but I am no expert in this field, hopefully someone else on the forums will be able to help.

As a last resort, it may be worth considering a hard reset and re-installing your programmes. I have done this recently and it only took me about an hour to get everything back on. My PPC now runs much quicker once I had started from a clean sheet after previously installing/uninstalling unneccesary programmes and was glad that I had done it.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drummer said "It may be worth re-installing the battery pack app. see if this fixes the problem, then you could uninstall again. It is possible that the previous uninstall did not remove everything" . Your right in saying the uninstall has not removed everything!..there is an entry left in the the registry to stop you reinstalling without buying the product and therefore cheating the system .. You may be able to take out the offending entry by using PHM registry editor ( sorry can not find a link but someone will know)when you run the editor it will be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >Software then the name of who produces the program.. DO NOT REMOVE ANY THING UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A SYSTEM BACK UP
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimM said "I did give a demo of battery pack pro a trial but have now uninstalled it, is it possible that there are still a few bits in the registry ?? If so any ideas how I get rid of them "? Following on from my last post.. If you have a backup saved on your PC from before your battery pro instalation you could do a restore and this may solve your problem( you could lose all other entries you have made since that install if your not careful)... If you do not have Sprite back up premium installed you should seriously consider buying it.
It costs less than £6 and I never install or change anything on my 2210 before saving a copy to my PC and it's got me out of trouble a few times

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: