Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where is my Zero Config?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is my Zero Config?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anygreg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Where is my Zero Config? Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have a one week old 2210 Ipaq (1.10 rom Vr) running the 2003 mobile windows using a CF Linksys wireless card, I have noticed that there doesnt seem to be the Zero Configuration software which can be found on the Ipaq 5550 (makes wireless config easy). I thought that this software would activate once i had installed my CF wireless card, but it didn't. I dont even get the little radio mast icon when connected, only the two arrows showing a connection is present. Is this right? Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andy
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is right, the Zero config by default only works for built-in devices. It is up to the manufacturer of the CF card how to implement the driver.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Last edited by lbendlin on Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
anygreg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do us 2210 users use once we have installed a wireless card for connection monitoring/signal strength/ and actual conection info etc. Also is zero config not an integral part of the OS? If so has it been disabled in the registry? just trying to understand my options with this or maybe the problem is i just dont understand Confused
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero config may be an integral part of the OS but that still doesn't mean that the card manufacturer wants to use it. They will have their own config program that they may want you to use, including strenght indicator and site monitor etc.

The card works, right? You can connect ok? So why bother?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
anygreg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point taken and I agree if it aint broke don't fix it Thumbs Up It's just that the Linksys 2003 driver is very basic, in fact it doesnt even have it's own utility to check out the config etc. You have to use the generic tool which are integrated into the OS, which i suppose is fine. But it would be nice to know when i am near a new wireless conection with an on screen prompt and provide me with an option to connect etc.. as opposed to enetering into the menus to check and connect. Just though i would see if anyone esle out there has a different method, or is using a better software tool for this. Many thanks for you response though lbendlin, much appreciated

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: