Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IPAQ Nav System Sleeve
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IPAQ Nav System Sleeve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: IPAQ Nav System Sleeve Reply with quote

Re the above, I realise it s manufactured by Navman. In the tom tom list there is nothing listed for it. Does anyone know if it should be identified as a GPS 3000 or a GPS 1000 or what. Any informtion would be be superb.

Col.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either that or simply use the simple COM port (it's COM4 I believe) and set it to 56700 NMEA.

Make sure you have the jacket driver installed and working properly

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Colin58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Lutz, I have just checked it out 10 mins or so ago. The jacket is obviously working fine though I understand what you said re it dropping its signal on a regular basis. The TomTom GPS s/w Ver3.03 sees it as a GPS3000 on Com 4. On this s/w you cannot enter the baud rate. As I said to you before now at least I know it works and if nothing else the 128MB flash card and the sleeve only cost 10 pounds so I cant complain. I doubt if the S/W on the flash card will be up to much, I would think it must be well out of date by now.

I will spend somee time reading through the various sections on the web site and try and educate myself a little in GPS.

The site and its members hold a huge amount of knowledge and considering I did not know anything about GPS untill Thursday I feel I hae taken at least one step in the correct direction. I think I would have been better informed and possibly mad better choices if I had read the web site first however here is hoping I learn from my mistakes.

Colin.

On the plus side I have found the Ipaq 2200 to be excellent and though I realise the constraints of the wired GPS to the bluetooth in most of my applications this will not be a problem. TT3 seems to be a little of a mix and reading the reviews I think I could have made a better selection. When it comes to changing it I hope to have collected more knowledge from the site and maybe make a more informed choice however up to this point I have found the package okay and have not had the problems other users seemed to have encountered though many of these problems seem to relte to bluetooth rather than wired systems.

Col.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: