Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP7 Fix/Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP7 Fix/Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benhillier
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This version hasn't worked on my WM6.1 TyTn II. The menus are sluggish, and it hasn't got a GPS fix in 24 hours!
SumTingWong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised version 7.7.0.134 didn't work for some of you. It worked perfectly for me. And wow!! What a big improvement!! The traffic avoiding screen in landscape mode works perfectly now. The onscreen POI is now clickable instead of hit-or-miss like in previous versions. Traffic service is also improved. Reported information is pretty accurate and in a more timely manner now. The route demo control is pretty cool though the info lines (for example, nearest town) didn't reflect the correct info of the vehicle location in the demo screen. The POI Alerts also works correctly now instead of hit-or-miss like in previous versions. For example, rest areas were never reported in previous versions no matter how I tried to tweak it. Now, every POIs are reported correctly and in a timely fashion. Though, I would love to be able to finetune the POI categories. For example, in version 5, I was able to pick "nature attraction" such as dams, falls, etc... for reporting. Now it's lumped with local parks, museums, etc... in an "Attractions" category. So if I want to know the name of the water falls I just drove by on one of my many cross country trips, CP7 now also tells me the name of one of those tacky museums of condoms and sex toys, too. How stupid. Also, too bad they still don't have TTS. I miss having the POI announced to me so I know what I'm about to see on the side of the road :-(
benhillier
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't got a fix after the upgrade. I'm in Australia - are there different regional versions? I've still got my Aussie maps installed of course, and the Copilot Central says everything is up to date.

Do I need to roll back to the previous version? I'd usually get a fix in a minute at most.
SumTingWong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey benhillier,

Did you try resetting your GPS

Menu Settings GPS Reset GPS

Another possibility is that your GPS is dead. It's time to buy a new one.
SumTingWong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarmock wrote:
Well after tryign the new version toda on two trips I can say... what a pile of rubbish!

On two trips the thing must have crashed about 5 or 6 times. Someone was with me int he car and reset the iPAQ and started it off again it woudl run for about 60 seconds and totally hang - coudln't even turn the iPAQ off.

This is on an IPAQ 3970 with Windows Pocket PC 2003

I've tried allocatign more memory to programs and less to storage and will try again, but so far I am unimpressed. Safety cameras just don't seem to work at all any more and the frequent crashing.

I'll email ALK technical support to see what they have to say.

I did experienced this problem yesterday when I was in an airplane trying to use CoPilot to see where I am at during the flight. I do this all the time every time I fly. I basically enter in the airport code of the destination airport and set routing to straight line (to avoid long recalculation). It worked well before with older versions of CoPilot. It also worked with v7.0.6.68 & v7.0.6.121. However, with the new version the program crashed a few minutes after every time a GPS fix is acquired. I'm flying from MSP to LAX. I disabled POI reporting and other miscelaneous stuff but still couldn't fix it. When I reinstalled v7.0.6.121 mid flight, the problem went away. The strange thing is when I'm back on the ground, I tried the same thing, putting MSP as the destination and drive in my car, the new version didn't crash.

My initial thoughts are that the high speed of an airplane (around 800+ km/h) caused the crashed as the PPC couldn't keep up with loading the background data of POIs. But who knows...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: