Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how do i download pocket gps to applemac
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how do i download pocket gps to applemac
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcartmell wrote:
how do i get a speeded up tour on my tom tom please?

You mean a demo route?

Set up a route with "Navigate to...." or "Prepare route" if you don't have a satellite signal or want to start from a different location to where you are now.

Then when you are on the route summary screen,, tap the "Details" button and select "Show route demo". Older models have a slider to select the speed the demo runs at, newer models have it fixed at either 200% or 300%, I forget which.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcartmell wrote:
i have downloaded and installed the European camera set, in the same way as the UK version, but it hasnt downloaded to my tt i have ejected the device properly and turned the tt off before disconnection.

i appear to have 2 lots of uk cams on my internal and euro cams when i click on europe ready to install on to my tt?
its hard to tell if the new up to date uk cams have downloaded because the euro cams have are not!

I'm not sure what's going on from your description! Might be best to delete all the camera files and start again from scratch...

When you download the UK speed cams, you have a choice of "speed-zoned" or "consolidated by camera type" versions. I'm assuming you know the difference and have chosen which type you want.

Then you downloaded them.
Then you UNZIPPED the archive file into all the individual files
Then you copied those into your map folder
Then you set up all the warnings for them in the TomToms menus, specifically in Change Preferences/Manage POIs / Warn when near POI

OK so far?

For the Europe cameras, you do exactly the same thing, except you choose the Europe download form the PGPSW webpage.

Once you've finished all the installing, if you were to look in the map folder on your TomTom, you should see a whole load of files with names beginning "pocketgps_uk_....." which are the UK camera data, and a whole lot more called "pocketgps_eur_...." which are the Europe cameras.

Do you see all those files?

If you do, have you set up the warnings for all of them (in Change Preferences/Manage POIs / Warn when near PO)?
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have started again and copied the unzipped files into the individual files but they wont appear on my tt.
i can download mew cams onto my file in my device and i can see them there but i cannot get them on to my tt.
ive cleared the cams and started again but now i have no cams on my tt at all
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcartmell wrote:
Yes i have started again and copied the unzipped files into the individual files
mattcartmell wrote:
ive cleared the cams and started again but now i have no cams on my tt at all
Which "files" (Folders) did you copy them into?

Can you list the steps you took? So that we can see where it may be going wrong for you.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Cyrano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for this thread.
After laptop died decided it was time to get a Macbook Pro as son was wanting it for video editing.

Installed The Unarchiver, TomTom Home and after a couple of attempts copied the updated camera poi over to my TT730.
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Im on applemac with tt 950.
I click on pocket gps on camera selections uk zoned complete and click female with chime! and i download to my computer.
i then unzip 128 files and copy and paste them into "europe" in my tom tom home where they are clearly visible (internal). i close the file and eject the device safely.but there is still no sign of the cams on my tt.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcartmell wrote:
i then unzip 128 files and copy and paste them into "europe" in my tom tom home ...
Do you mean you use HOME to load the files into the Europe Folder on the Device? Why not use Finder?

mattcartmell wrote:
where they are clearly visible (internal).
What are you seeing them with?

mattcartmell wrote:
i close the file ...
Which File? Confused

mattcartmell wrote:
but there is still no sign of the cams on my tt.
Do you mean when using Warn when near?

mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i copy the128 files from my unzipped desktop and paste them onto my devce. and i can see them in the europe folder on my devce before i eject it.
there is no sign of the cams when using Warn when near
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, here I am, back off my happy holidays, a year older than when I went (that is, I was 71 when I went and I'm 72 now). Although I had free WI-FI access, I didn't visit the site because it would mess up my statistics for when I got back.

I have to say I'm a bit glad I missed all this, because our OP is really giving himself a hard time. As I have so many posts to catch up on, I can't do anything here right now, but will come back in the future, hopefully. But in the meantime, I'll just make a few comments....

Mike seemed to have fixed the things up, left them working and OP happy as a pig in muck. Since which, OP claims to have attempted unsuccessfully to install Europe cameras - I find it curious that he says he downloaded 128 files. By coincidence, that's the number of UK files and I don't know how many they SHOULD be, but I'll bet it's not 128. If indeed he loaded the UK files, it's not really surprising that Europe ones don't show up! However, it sounds more like he's forgotten how to do the download and install.

SO..... mattcartmell, first, Go back to page one, reconsider my instructions and try to remember how Mike showed it to you. Then, for goodness sake stop being brief in your comments/responses. Brevity is good unless it means you are not telling us anything, which is exactly what you're doing!

Take a tip from some previous posts and consider listing your problem/s in a numbered list.

Consider listing the actions you have taken in a numbered list.

Catch you later!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many OV2 Files do you have in the Europe Folder?

mattcartmell wrote:
... and i can see them in the europe folder on my devce before i eject it.
Can you also see a File called poi.dat and one called cline.dat in the same Folder?

Do you have more than one Map Folder?

Are you following the same steps that Mike went through with you, 2 weeks ago?

mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Many Thanks Dennis, I agree with you and i think that i have found the problem. When i download the cams from pgps and i unzip them there are only 96 instead of 128. have you any ideas what i am doing wrong?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my previous post and give us some more information, PLEASE !!!

WHICH cameras have you downloaded? The Europe cameras are a separate download, so to get the Europe cameras AND the UK cameras, you have to download both of them - that takes you TWO goes at downloading - download UK, then download Europe. Then unzip UK and unzip Europe.

Europe, Speed zoned complete fileset, complete with pMobile files AND OGG female voice files total some 212 files when unzipped.

UK, speed zoned complete fileset, complete with pMobiles AND OGG female voice files total some 132 files when unzipped.

So you SHOULD be copying across a total of around 344 files to install all the UK and Europe cameras.

My numbers of files are the complete list of files including some which I personally would not be copying across, but you get the idea from this that 96 ain't right, no matter which you've had a go at!

Go back to the instructions and what Mike told you. Then do lists of what your problem is, what you did, all numbered so we can tell you which was wrong, or where you missed out a step. PUT A WRITING PAD ALONGSIDE YOU and write down every tiny step you do, no missing, no brevity, say what you saw on the page/screen, computer and TomTom, what you clicked and what happened next. We need everything you do so that we can see where you go wrong. Yes, it's a pain to do and I'd swear horribly at you if you told me to do it, but it's the only way.

I'm off downstairs now to try and use catchup TV to catch up with the issues of Have I Got News For You that I've missed. G'night, see you later (but not tonight - it'll take you the rest of tonight to do all that and write it down as you go, NOT from memory afterwards).

mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops, i think ive messed up and deleted some vital info from my tt, it will turn on if i hold and reset but thats all! tt want E105 for repair,is there a program i can download to reset, ive tried on tt but it wouldnt download. im also on orange broadband thats really slow this week!!
im sorry every1 you have inherited a nuisance!
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Think ive wiped it clean by accident when i was deleting the tt cams!
Does any one have a 950 live copy i can download please. SomeHow i dont think im going to get this done for my Spanish holiday on sunday!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcartmell wrote:
SomeHow i dont think im going to get this done for my Spanish holiday on sunday!
Somehow, I agree with you.

Sometimes you look computer competent, like above when you copy and paste the error report (a post which you now seem to have managed to edit into oblivion). Other times you look like a computing disaster, like the one previous where you seem to think you have wiped your 950 by trying to delete TT cameras.

The solution seems to be to wait until you get back from holiday then start again. But if you're going to come asking for advice, you need to learn the discipline whereby you STOP mucking about flopping from one guess to the next. Then pay attention to what we are saying and DON'T try stuff you think might be a good idea.

There is a very simple answer to this, namely restore from backup. The trouble is, in your case, it sounds unlikely you have a useable backup and even if you did, your innocent ability to cock things up gets you deeper and deeper into the mire. I'm not trying to insult you, merely trying to persuade you to STOP and ask, then do what you're told and NOTHING ELSE until we see how we are getting on. When you want to do something, ask how to do it first, without trying on your own. You don't hand a kid a box of matches and go away expecting to come back and eat a slap up roast dinner. You CAN learn how to handle these things, but not by simply bashing away at the keyboard. We all started out completely ignorant, so you're not alone, we understand how you are feeling.

But wait now until you get back from Spain, then come back again for help. I honestly don't think we can sort you out before you go tomorrow.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: