Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help i have Made a big mistake
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help i have Made a big mistake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Louda you're confusing me - what's a SDS+ and a BTW?? I haven't got one whatever they are. I don't know whether my spirit level does anything funny at that temperature. (I don't use it, just have it in the shed still in its original Sunday Market plastic shrinkwrap in case Vera's son asks if I've got one - but it sits on a shelf to see if the shelf [which he put up for me] is level).
As for 8mm and 10mm - that's odd. I said numbers 10 and 8. the size fitting thing on the red plastic things packet had holes saying 5mm, 5.5mm and 6.5mm - it said use this size hole for the screws and this hole for the red plastic things. The drill packet had 8, 10 and 14 but not mms. I got the impression that 10 was probably 6mm, but who am I to be giving guidance?

Give my love to CenterParcs - I have it as a Favourite on both my GOs - we go there several times a year and have already booked four villas next January for our annual family get-together. When I win the lottery and take over the world, the first thing I'll do is seize CenterParcs for myself.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Richard,The teeth have gone,Yippeeeee. :D
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: not to level Reply with quote

@DenninN

Just having a bit of fun - not supposed to confuse. I did enjoy the thought of family man having to put up 6 hanging baskets. I dont often use the spirit level I bought from the market as it isnt accurate.

I think 8 and 10 are the diameter of the drill bit.
SDS+ - type of drill which enables the bit to stop turning and be used as a chiselling bit or mini hammer. Yours will be a percussion drill.

BTW - By the way.

BTW - better go pack the car before I am told to get off the PC.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
Well done Richard,The teeth have gone,Yippeeeee. :D

Wasn't Richard - it was somebody who cared!!

To get back on topic (unlike me!), then perhaps a Mod could lock the thread to stop it going through my gardening exploits!! With luck it may be seen by someone else in need.

As a strongly committed non manual reader, this has slightly opened my eyes. Firstly, what I'm saying is no reflection on stevie_a - he's just gone through a session which I myself would have needed and appreciated. But it took ages as you can see. For quite a while I've noticed the way other "helpers" respond with simple links to help pages rather than detailed guidance - I didn't have the heart to try that (plus which, as you'll know I haven't read any of them myself, so I don't know what's in them or where they are!!). But if they were printable and legible (which I'm sure they are, of course) they could have possibly chopped this age-long process down to size. Or in another window on screen to switch back and forth. When I reflect how long (sorry, short) it would have taken me to set up my GO with cameras from scratch, the way we've just done it I feel very apologetic to stevie that I couldn't manage it that way for him and maybe the link would have been a better way to go.

So the moral of the story is - I shall now try to find time to explore the help files and make notes somewhere of how to get to and use them - might even have a browse through them on a quiet day.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
then perhaps a Mod could lock the thread to stop it going through my gardening exploits!!
What, spoil all the fun. Laughing

DennisN wrote:
So the moral of the story is - I shall now try to find time to explore the help files and make notes somewhere of how to get to and use them - might even have a browse through them on a quiet day.
When you've found a Page you want to remember, just Right Click the Page.

In IE you use Add to Favourites. I use Netscape and that comes under Bookmark this Page. I don't know whether Firefox does the same, but it should be something similar. ;)

Just Rename the Link to something you understand.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Laughing Out Louda]
Oh BTW - best tool I bought for years - a new set of masonic drill bits - eat brick like butter.
[/quote]

What are these then? Do they perform strange rituals before making a hole? Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: