Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help i have Made a big mistake
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help i have Made a big mistake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now to get them into your device.
Click on the first file name (gatso_20.bmp), then top menu click on Edit, then click on Select All
Click top menu Edit again, click on Copy.

Go to Tom Tom and click on Timbuctoo folder
Click top menu Edit again, click on Paste and these camera files will be copied to Timbuctoo.

That's it done.

You next get them to work.
Restore the TT Home window, click on the My Device button to disconnect, then unplug your device from the USB plughole.

(I should have earlier told you to attach your mains charger to the device to avoid running out of steam)

Start device.
Tap
Change Preferences
Enable/disable POIs
There are now a zillion called pocketgps uk blah di blah, each with a little speed limit sign or similar to the left of them [b]and a box on left to tap, to make it ticked. Tick every one of the pocketgps ones. Then click Done.

You now have to set up every one of the cameras. It's a pain in the nether region, but you only do it this once - every time you download a new set of updated cameras, it will still keep these settings.
Tap
Change Prefences
Manage POIs
Warn when near POI.
Top of screen is flashing cursor, tap P, then O and with luck it'll show the first - pocketgps uk gatso 20. Tap it and you'll get Warn when closer than: with a figure already highlighted. Just to save bu*****ing about, simply tap Done and that distance will be selected for how soon before the camera you'll get the warning.
Next select a sound for the warning - you can use arrows to see how many choices and there's a Test button to hear which you like. "Done" button.
Go back to Warn when near POI. above and do the same for every damn last one. This is a good time to have a nice Geisha smoothing your brow - me I'm going for my bath.

When you've done, set up a navigate route, then do a test Demo run with the device set at 200% speed to check you get warned (do select a destination that will take you past a camera of course).

See you - I'll be back when I'm no longer stinking to see whether you bollixed it up.
I'd like to come back to a jumping up and down Happy Smiley!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
stevie_a
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok looking good

But when you approach the speed camera you se the symbol as soon as you get to the 300yard distance it reverts to the old warning sound and symbol.

I don’t think we are far away.
Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, it's one of two possibilities now.
First, perhaps you didn't do this???? (like wot I told you - take a good smack!!)
Quote:
Anyway, you have got one set of pgpsw cameras, but not the one which has the speeds. So delete that one, together with the one/s .bmp and any other 3 letters (and let me know what it was).
That was the file Pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2, which we didn't want on your device.

Second possibility is you've still got the 'orrible Tom Tom free cameras and their warning system.

You didn't make it precisely clear what's happening.

What you should be getting is the warning sound you selected - does it sound like the one you selected? If not, it'll probably be the TT cameras which need getting rid of.
What sort of camera have you approached?? What camera icon shows up on screen?? - Does it look like what it should?? For instance if you are approaching a 30mph camera, does it say 30 inside the red thing??

The first warning you get should start up at 375 yards, but immediately start counting down your approach, so you probably first see 350, then reducing. Let me know exactly what you are getting. If you can't remember clearly, do the Demo run again and take notes - tapping the screen pauses the Demo for you to scribble.

stevie_a
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now got it ..............

Ok to get the petrol stations to show I take it you do the same thing and load them in to the map?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness for that - Lucky, wasn't it?? I've never even seen a bloody TT ONE!!
All POIs are done in the same way.
NOTE, there is a limit of (I think) 100. The cameras you've put on take up (I think) 33 of that. With the POIs from this site you can get a choice of indivdual brands of petrol as several POIs, or just all brands as one POI - consider whether you care which you buy or just want to fill up, because individuals count against the total POI allowance.

BEFORE you go any further, BACKUP. Then consider quitting whilst you're still ahead!! Do this the best way, which is use Windows Explorer :-

On your Computer create a new Folder (menu File, New, Folder) called My TT ONE 2007-04-22, then go to the TT ONE, select all and copy, then paste into that new folder. Do this with a newly created folder every so often, so that you get progressive backups as time goes by. More backups = more safety.

Finally, there is another way of having warnings - you could have spoken warnings instead for the cameras - mine goes "Hoot, Hoot, Hoot, Warning, Gatso ahead, speed limit 30 miles an hour".

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. Having got you this far, I now have to go do my duty and put up six hanging basket brackets. Knowledgeable souls herein will tell you I don't do straight and level, so wish me luck!! Especially since I get the jitters just one step up from flat.
So I'll not be back here listening for some time.

stevie_a
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take this opportunity to thank you And if you want a hand with the baskets just ask.. Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go - six hanging basket brackets, three hours. Now it's started raining. Bloody typical, it NEVER starts raining BEFORE I do the hanging basket brackets. Evil or Very Mad

Hanging basket brackets are probably the most difficult thing in the whole world. Confused

lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: to level or not? Reply with quote

DennisN

Do you use a spirit level or just go for it then sit back wondering why you bought the spirit level?
stevie_a
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis thanks again

Now have all speed cameras, petrol stations that I want, some eating places (i.e. Mc D. Gregg’s etc) as well as cash machines...

Could not have done it without your help

I also want to thank mikealder for your help.

There is no stopping me now…
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you have it fixed, just a quick reminder that you can only install 100 custom POI categories on the device, so don't install everything - Mike (on the M6, nearly home, and no I am not driving)
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, your all heart, you had me in tears, their is obviously a hidden side to you, I could even hear the kisses. Laughing
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
Dennis, ......... their is obviously a hidden side to you
I wish it was his teeth. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevie_a wrote:
Dennis thanks again

Now have all speed cameras, petrol stations that I want, some eating places (i.e. Mc D. Gregg’s etc) as well as cash machines...

Honestly, you kids are hopeless. Personally I have useful stuff like care homes, geriatric wards and emergency defibrilator stations.

As for spirit levels ...
The problems with hanging basket brackets are:-
Somebody had been messing with my drill packet and the drill with 8 on it was in the hole with 10 on it and the drill with 10 on it was in the hole with 8 on it. So when I used the drill out of the hole with 10 on it, the little red plastic thing wouldn't go in properly and when I clonked it with a hammer it went sort of splatt shaped so I had to pincer it out and start again, wiggling the drill a bit to widen the hole. The first little red plastic thing went in, but the second went just a tiny bit splatt so I cut it off with a snippy thing and up went the hanging basket bracket. The second lot went more or less the same and the third also. By which time I was beginning to get the knack of holding a bracket, two screws and a cordless drill whilst hanging on for dear life to the step ladder. Anyway, it was taking a long time, so I wondered if the drill was getting blunt (quite a lot of my drills are blunt), so I got the drill out of the hole marked 8 to drill a smaller hole which I could then enlarge with the bigger drill out of the hole marked 10. That was when I found out about somebody messing with the drill packet. The remaining three brackets went comparatively smoother, although the back wall was a bit more dangerous with the ground about 6 inches lower than the other wall - it's not easy drilling from arms length below where you want the hole. One major problem for all holes was that when I made the green mark where the hole had to be, it seemed to make that spot on the wall extra hard, so the hole would only go in a little bit at the side, or above, or below. Fortunately, the drill sussed this out automatically and navigated that little bit away from the green mark quite on its own. Afterwards, I found that tapping with a hammer got them all to look pretty straight and anyway Vera said they'd all be filled with trailing flowers so her son wouldn't notice if we kept him away until they've all blossomed.

lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: to level or not to level Reply with quote

@DennisN

Oh thats OK. I would have offered to loan one of my spirit levels - I have 3. The first I bought from the Sunday market - and guess what - yep - indicates level when it is not! In fact if you turn the spirit level round 180 and measure again you have to average between the two readings. Bargain! The other 2 spirit levels - one to prove the first one is wrong and the 3rd to prove which one is right - or is it because they are all different lengths?

As for the cordless drill - woos. I dont do cordless - not enough oomph. I would have used the SDS+ preferably not on rotary stop but then you could have taken the wall down with it.

Oh BTW - best tool I bought for years - a new set of masonic drill bits - eat brick like butter. And I know what you mean about the 8mm and 10mm. Our 3yr old is always moving my spanners or sockets around because they need to move beds!

Still - off to Warminster 2morrow (Centreparcs) - might create some stupid excuse to go by Long Newnton but I doubt it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: