Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Darth Vader and Yoda anyone got em working on mobile 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Darth Vader and Yoda anyone got em working on mobile 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope stopped my Tom Tom from working again
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcb007 wrote:

Which phone? And is it TTM5 or TTM3?

Also,

http://www.ccsoft.dsl.pipex.com/MVader.zip

Carl,
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeeeeeeeeeeeee.
done the test with the new yoda, and it workksss

great job..
flasher
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERB

vader also works 100%

cheers CJackel492

using TomTom & CoPilot

Pocketgpsworld iphone cameralert app
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a thought, someone is trying to sell voices, which i feel is not like we should behave.

anyway my idea, if CJackel492 wats to pick a charity i will make a donation to it.
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aliendad wrote:
i have a thought, someone is trying to sell voices, which i feel is not like we should behave.

anyway my idea, if CJackel492 wats to pick a charity i will make a donation to it.

RSPCA,

Mind you, they are not my voices,

I've just converted them to work on TTM5,

Carl,
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know they arn't your voices, but you got them working for us nokia owners.

and seeing that we have 4 cats one rabbit and one guinee pig,

consider it done.
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJackel492 wrote:
pcb007 wrote:

Which phone? And is it TTM5 or TTM3?

Also,

http://www.ccsoft.dsl.pipex.com/MVader.zip

Carl,

It is the C500 and its TTM 5. I have copied the data92.chk and data92.vif files to the voices directory. Can test and select the voice (though i always have to select twice and then it will work). But if i then shut Tom Tom and then restart it Tom Tom fails to start. The only way i can get it to work is to delete or rename those files using file manager or active sync and then reselect a voice when Tom Tom starts up. The only thing i have not done is copied the files in the above Zip files, as i dont know where they go or why they are neccassary as Tom Tom it self does not appear to have the breakdown of the commands like that. If they are required can you tell me if they goin the voices directory.
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aliendad wrote:

consider it done.

Nice one Smile

pcb007 wrote:
It is the C500 and its TTM 5. I have copied the data92.chk and data92.vif files to the voices directory. Can test and select the voice (though i always have to select twice and then it will work). But if i then shut Tom Tom and then restart it Tom Tom fails to start. The only way i can get it to work is to delete or rename those files using file manager or active sync and then reselect a voice when Tom Tom starts up. The only thing i have not done is copied the files in the above Zip files, as i dont know where they go or why they are neccassary as Tom Tom it self does not appear to have the breakdown of the commands like that. If they are required can you tell me if they goin the voices directory.

It sounds like you could be having problems with the software on the phone?

It might be worth doing a hard reset and install TTM5 again?

Trouble is I've not had any experience with a C500, (And not likely to either, not a Micro$oft fan)

Also I would use the Yoda and Vader versions of the voices not MYoda and MVader as previous C500 owners say the original voices work ok on your phone,

Any C500 users willing to help?

Carl,
adam7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the amended Sheila, Yoda and Darth Vader all work on the Nokia 6260 (Symbian S60).

Great Job!

Thanx
adam7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, how about posting detaild instrux for converting.. bitrate detaills etc. there are a number of voice files out there...

thanks in advance
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJackel492 wrote:
aliendad wrote:

consider it done.

Nice one Smile

pcb007 wrote:

It sounds like you could be having problems with the software on the phone?

It might be worth doing a hard reset and install TTM5 again?

Trouble is I've not had any experience with a C500, (And not likely to either, not a Micro$oft fan)

Also I would use the Yoda and Vader versions of the voices not MYoda and MVader as previous C500 owners say the original voices work ok on your phone,

Any C500 users willing to help?

Carl,

Thanks for that i have tried both versions with the same result. To be honest doing a hard reset is not really an option because i have so many programs on the Phone it takes me about 4 hours to install everything again and configure the phone to my liking, so i reckon i will just have to put up with Jane (or Hyacinth as i call her cos shes always telling me what to do :D ). Its pity about your dislike for Microsoft, though i understand why, because the C500 really is a superb phone. At one time i was a nokia man and nothing else, then tried a few spvs and to be honest they left much to be desired and went back to nokia, however i decided to try the C500 and with out a doubt its the best i have ever had, ok get the ocassional problems but i got those with Nokia but overall i cant complain and the fact i can use my bluetooth headset and Tom Tom at the same time is a god send.
adam7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcb007 wrote:
...and the fact i can use my bluetooth headset and Tom Tom at the same time is a god send.

You can do that with the Nokia as well. You need to first disengage from the headset/car handsfree. Better yet if you connect the GPS before switching on the headset, then the headset will after that connect with the phone with the GPS still connected.

(This might have something to do with some obscure numbering in the Bluetooth device, which to my undertanding lacks in the Nokia headset/car hands free, which means that after you have connected that one, the phone no olnger can keep other connections in order. When you connect the headset, the phones' connections bevcom "full" and you can't connect any more devices. Connecting the GPS first, it works. )
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam7 wrote:
pcb007 wrote:
...and the fact i can use my bluetooth headset and Tom Tom at the same time is a god send.

You can do that with the Nokia as well. You need to first disengage from the headset/car handsfree. Better yet if you connect the GPS before switching on the headset, then the headset will after that connect with the phone with the GPS still connected.

(This might have something to do with some obscure numbering in the Bluetooth device, which to my undertanding lacks in the Nokia headset/car hands free, which means that after you have connected that one, the phone no olnger can keep other connections in order. When you connect the headset, the phones' connections bevcom "full" and you can't connect any more devices. Connecting the GPS first, it works. )

thanks for that info, will try when i get home.
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam7 wrote:
the amended Sheila, Yoda and Darth Vader all work on the Nokia 6260 (Symbian S60).

Great Job!

Thanx

asuming from your thread that you have the 6260,

thinking of getting it, but can you confirm for me, does it take mmc or

rsmmc?

have conflicting info from different places

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: