Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how do i download pocket gps to applemac
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how do i download pocket gps to applemac
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcartmell wrote:
There are only 5 camera types and speeds.
Only 5? Surely there should be loads? Look at DennisN's screendump on the first page. Surely you must be doing something wrong? Which filed do you have?
mattcartmell wrote:
the system is not compatible with my applemac/tomotom 950
I bet it is, but you are probably doing something wrong somewhere. Sad
How far down DennisN's instructions do you get before you can't go any further because it either does not do as Dennis says it should, or you get confused and don't understand the problem. Your reports on what you have done so far do not really give the experts enough information to correctly diagnose what's wrong, or what you are doing incorrectly. I'm certain that you will get it working with help from here and be really pleased with the end result. The TT experts here seem to have an endless abundance of patience, so do persevere. Very Happy
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, There are about 30 cameras ect on the pc that i paste into my tom tom but only 5 showing on my tom tom and there are no voice options just the bleep option!
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have followed the instructions that Dennis sent and the apple download is ok.
On my tomtom when i select "Warn when near POI" i get 5 camera options and i can set the distance ok but it does not give me an option for "full spoken warning" or "sound effect". it gives me an option for sounds eg "polite 1" and then an option no/yes for "is this the sound you want to select" and then the final screen is "warn only if poi is on route".
It all sets up good and the cameras are visible on my browse map function but still no alert when driving past a camera!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you only have 30 files on your PC, it appears that you have made a mistake and are either not downloading the correct file, or you havn't unzipped them correctly. Dennis' screendump and text on page 1 indicate that there should be 128 files in the location that you have unzipped to.

1. At the end of step 1 in Dennis' instructions, there is no Continue button. You select 'UK-Speed Zoned Complete' in the 'Camera selection' drop down box below the 'SatyNa System' drop down.

2. Select a voice pack from the 'Available voice packs' dropdown, then click the 'Download' button. You should now have a zip file called something like pgpsw-speed-cams-xxxx.zip in the folder that you downloaded it to.

3. Now, bear in mind that I don't have a Mac, but the procedure should be similar, when prompted, select 'Save As' and save the download to a folder on your PC that you will be able to find later.

4. You should now have a zip file called something like pgpsw-speed-cams-xxxx.zip in the folder that you downloaded it to.
As a temporary measure until we get you up and running create a new folder in the one that you just saved the download to and call it something you will recognise later such as PGPSWCams

5. Depending on the unzipper that you are using, ( I right click and choose use 'Extract files' command) use the command to unzip all the files in the download to this new folder.

6. When I have done this, my new folder contains 132 files of various types
Such as
_Need_Help.htm
Licence.txt
licence_X2_icons.txt
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ogg
Etc
Etc
Release.txt

When you have got to this stage, report back, and hopefully someone with a Mac and a TT will guide you from there. If you can't get to this stage, let us know exactly where it 'went wrong' perhaps by using my numbers above, and any error messages that appear.

EDITJust read your second post and it seems that you need help from someone with a TT to set up the sounds.
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have got as far no 6 and then till completion. to be honest i have followed it by the book and everything has gone perfect but after a road test there is still no camera alert!
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have followed the instructions and when i get to "Warn when near POI" i can alter the distance but the 'Sound effect' is not available and i no longer have the beep section.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcartmell wrote:
On my tomtom when i select "Warn when near POI" i get 5 camera options ...

How many OV2 Files in total can you see if you explore the Map Folder with Finder, when connected to the Mac?

mattcartmell wrote:
... but it does not give me an option for "full spoken warning" or "sound effect".
The Full Spoken Warning option will appear if you are using a Computer (TTS) voice.

If you are using a Recorded Voice and there is no OGG File present, you will be taken to the Sounds Folder.

If you are using a Recorded Voice and there is an OGG File present, you will be asked, Is this the sound you want to select?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i click into "manage poi" i have 32 pocket gps xxxxx

in "is this the sound you want to select i click yes as per instructions by dennis but there are no sound options.
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.i have gone to"change preferences" and "Show POI on map" and find a whole load of "pocketgps uk....." POI categories if i scroll down the list.
2. i Have you ticked them in that list but cannot see them in "Browse map"
3. i have set up a warning distance
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcartmell wrote:

in "is this the sound you want to select i click yes as per instructions by dennis but there are no sound options.

THERE WON'T BE!!!!

As per the instructions, if you have a voice warning file installed with the same name as the camera data file....
Quote:

5. Note: You will be asked to choose a sound but will not be offered any options, this is normal. You will be asked 'Is this the sound you want?'. You should answer Yes on this screen. If you do, you will then see the warning distance screen and can proceed as normal.

If you mistakenly answer No then you may get a message saying No Photographs and the unit will freeze. If you have mistakenly done this, simply reset the device and start again, this time answering Yes when prompted.

6. Now repeat the above, setting up the POI warning for EACH camera category you have installed to the device.

mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i followed the instructions by dennis, i ticked YES everytime. he mentions a glitch in the system so i made sure the answer was yes!
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE DONE THE FOLLOWING THAT DENNIS SENT ME:You have now finished with the applemac computer. So go to the program TomTom Home and in the top menu select Device... Disconnect Device. When it says you can now disconnect your device do NOT disconnect your device - sit and wait until your 950 boots up and asks again if you wish to connect to computer, this time answer NO. When the map appears on the 950, then you can switch off the 950 and disconnect it from the applemac and then close the computer program TomTom Home.

Now you can go back to the instructions, by clicking the link I gave you above and pick up the instructions where they start to tell you how to make the cameras and warnings work on your 950.

IOn case you are not good with instructions, there is ONE instruction that you should obey - when the thing asks you "Is this the sound you wish to use", you must tap YES - it will not be playing a sound for you to agree to - that is a bug in the 950, but do say YES, otherwise you'll be back here saying it stops werking or something!
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you doing this on the Tomtom or in 'Home = Operate my Go'?

With my 750 Live, the only way to set up warnings other than Tomtom's is by doing it ON THE TOMTOM. Operate my Go even tells me I can't use Kate (computer voice) when it works perfectly on the 750 itself.

I tried to set custom warnings using an SD Card backup to test your problem - it cannot be done on the computer. I have set up custom Speech alerts using Kate and typing in each warning, but the ogg files should work in a similar way.

Best of luck
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you based, mattcartmell?

Someone might be able to arrange a quick visit, if you're up for it?
mattcartmell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Many Thanks. I Live in Bolton Lancashire

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: