Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Basic question about average speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Basic question about average speed cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
classy56 wrote:
I would imagine you could only class it as a dual carriageway in the very loose sense of the word!

...but a dual carriageway isn't automatically a national speed limit road and, surely, it's only when governed by NSL that a dual carriageway is any different to a single carriageway - ie 70mph rather than 60mph is it not

I never said it was Wink

To old to die young.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyD wrote:
classy56 wrote:
If a tunnel is part of a 30mph road, why would anybody think it has a higher speed limit when going through it unless indicated?

I would imagine you could only class it as a dual carriageway in the very loose sense of the word!

You missed my point about the fact that if you exit the airport (presumably having come from some other place in the world with no local knowledge) you go straight into this tunnel with no chance to see any signs or assess lamp posts.
Also, I dispute that it's a loose sense of the word dual carriageway when the 2 carriageways (2 lanes each side, 4 lanes in total) are separated by a concrete wall so that you cannot even see the other side. That seems to me to be very much a dual carriageway. 90% of people driving through that tunnel, unless they know otherwise, would believe it to have a higher limit than 30.

Coming from another country is no defence for breaking the speed limit.

I don't believe for one minute that you get in your car and are immediatley confronted with a tunnel, there must be an approach road to the tunnel.

So which airline transports cars then, all these drivers that have no local knowledge?

Just because it is four lanes with a barrier doesn't mean it's 70mph, otherwise driving down Park Lane would be much more fun Wink

(Yes I know Park Lane has six lanes)

To old to die young.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that's enough now, this has drifted way off topic with little sign of it drifting back on.

Thread locked.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: