Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do SPECs work?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do SPECs work?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahem, can we keep on topic please. we're starting to drift with discussions about who's the best driver etc...!

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No discussion required. It's ME, obviously.....
mc_conor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, i was driving past 45 obviously but within the NSL, so i had to brake.

My licence will be fine, as my mate got done for doing 102 on the motorway but only got 3 points because we are both only back from a tour of Iraq with RHA.

There is a lot more danger in life than doing the NSL. I'm sure you're all saints on the road that's why you download locations of speed cameras for "safety reasons".

Dead on.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mc_conor wrote:
..............There is a lot more danger in life than doing the NSL..........

There is if you are in Iraq! Sad

Quote:
I'm sure you're all saints on the road that's why you download locations of speed cameras for "safety reasons".

It's not that we are saint's, but we are trying hard to keep our licence's!

You can lose your licence on one trip out, which to many is the loss of their job. 102mph to us is a years ban.

You will find in the UK now that we are taxed, taxed and taxed again and that is on a good day.

This government want's to extract as much money from us as possible so that we pay for their blunders.

MP's demand massive salary increases, 'faked' expences, kitchens, mistress's, and as has been revealed recently, even lightbulbs to their second house - all to be paid for by us 'minions'.

You can now get a criminal record for overloading your rubbish bin, which to the young man concerned means, that if he tried to go to the USA on holiday he would be banned.
A woman was even fined £70 for dropping a small piece of sausage roll whilst feeding her child, which the pigeons ate before the 'Council spy' had filled in the forms!

This government uses any excuse to 'mug' you including the use of so called 'safety' cameras which at best are 'cash cows'.

It's not that we are all 'do gooders' but trying to survive in a country snooping on us from every direction to fine us.

Thanks for going to Iraq, although many of us feel you were wrongly put there, we all support you, good luck if you return back and keep your head down to return and have a go at us again. Wink
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
mc_conor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GJF, personally i don't see the point in it either but that's not my job.

We passed our tests with help from the RLC we left and got FMTd so we could drive if needed.

I use it to preserve my licence too, and simply asked a question about specs and asked where to post a few locations so that other people don't lose their licence, in order to help other people out.

Dennis i don't know what you're talking about stabbing me or something but i'll leave you and your internet tough man image alone, along with your x-men t-shirt.

Anita i speed yes but it's hardly dangerous, everyone does it and deaths are minimal. There is risk in everything i don't know what the fuss is about. And don't tell me about observation, i think i'm covered there.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:

You can now get a criminal record for overloading your rubbish bin, which to the young man concerned means, that if he tried to go to the USA on holiday he would be banned.
Yes, but he did have multiple warninngs, unlike the sausage roll gestapo. Confused

However, I am at a loss to see what this has got to do with 'How do SPECS work?'
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
......................However, I am at a loss to see what this has got to do with 'How do SPECS work?'

Sorry, as you have found as well - gone Off Topic again. Laughing

When the topic steers off somewhere else, it is all too easy to get sucked in with it and persuaded to reply. Embarassed

Don't worry, I'm back to standing in the corner again. Wink
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: