Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
pMobile:38506 was removed on 2nd May as it had not had any further sightings in the previous 6 months.

If it has been seen again then please do submit it every time it is seen - same goes for every mobile site.

MaFt

Well I see it a couple of times a month. I've just resubmitted it.
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still there.

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01342 wrote:
It's still there.

And doing a fine job of parking on the double yellows which are presumably there to prevent other people parking to obstruct the view of anybody wishing to exit from Christchurch Road. Downright outrageous, not to mention dangerous! Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your photos and looking at the submission map, the heading of this camera is actually 220 (South-West. Direction of travel to get caught). The submission map indicates 45 and reversible (sometimes traps north-east bound traffic. Does it?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's still there.

I would resubmit it everytime you see it. Well max of once per day...

Quote:
And doing a fine job of parking on the double yellows which are presumably there to prevent other people parking to obstruct the view of anybody wishing to exit from Christchurch Road. Downright outrageous, not to mention dangerous!

Or even illegal? Do convictions stand if the vans are placed illegally? Like illegal wire taps etc.... Yes, you've done something wrong but both sides have to play the game... i think...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a comment on just such illegality recently were a council claimed their wardens could park illegally when ticketing motorists as it was necessary in the course of their duty! What a load of piffle.

In an emergency yes but parking tickets? They're taking the proverbial.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope 01342 is able to re-load the pictures, if for no other reason than to make sense of the above comments!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01342 wrote:

Admin Edit: Please reupload the photos with a maximum width of 400 pixels as per Forum Rules. PaulB2005

I dunno, seems you have to be some kind of computer wizard just to use this site. The pics were hosted on my domain so what difference did it make? It's not exactly easy to keep reporting a mobile camera either.

Here's the 2 pictures, resized to suit. I hope.
[img]http://www.01342.com/0050.bmp[/img]
[img]http://www.01342.com/0051.bmp[/img]

M8TJT, I've no idea. It always faces up hill. In any event, does it really matter? The only alerts I ever get just tell me I'm close to a camera, not which way it's facing.

Last edited by 01342 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The pics were hosted on my domain so what difference did it make?

It screws up the page formatting.

Quote:
I can't get the images in now. Sorry.

Done it above...

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 01342 This is just an answer to your questions, It is not intended in any way to be a critisism or flame.
Ref Pic sizes, they make the forum as wide as the pics, which can make it difficult to read as you have to keep scrolling. I must admit that I personally had no prob.
With regard to the direction. As I don't live in the area, I don't know which way the hill slopes so an indication of compass heading would be good. Does the van always point in the direction that your photo indicates? If so the cam should be a one way cam. Although your software only alerts you to the proximity of cams, other software, given direction info, can be set not to alert on cams facing 'the other way' which is why we ask for direction data on the submission page.
My Mio, for instance would not alert me to your cam if I was travveling towards it (as shown on your photo) because it is trapping vehicles traveling SouthWest, but the cam heading, in the database is North east so my Mio would not alert me.
The purpose of my initial post was to ascertain from you the direction of the cam so that we can correct the database to prevent this.
I assume from your post, that the direction shown in your photo is 'up the hill' can you confirm that this is correct so thet we can update the database.
Again, no critisism meant so please ton't take umbridge, this is just an explanation of my first post Very Happy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Hi 01342 This is just an answer to your questions, It is not intended in any way to be a critisism or flame.
Ref Pic sizes, they make the forum as wide as the pics, which can make it difficult to read as you have to keep scrolling. I must admit that I personally had no prob.
With regard to the direction. As I don't live in the area, I don't know which way the hill slopes so an indication of compass heading would be good. Does the van always point in the direction that your photo indicates? If so the cam should be a one way cam. Although your software only alerts you to the proximity of cams, other software, given direction info, can be set not to alert on cams facing 'the other way' which is why we ask for direction data on the submission page.
My Mio, for instance would not alert me to your cam if I was travveling towards it (as shown on your photo) because it is trapping vehicles traveling SouthWest, but the cam heading, in the database is North east so my Mio would not alert me.
The purpose of my initial post was to ascertain from you the direction of the cam so that we can correct the database to prevent this.
I assume from your post, that the direction shown in your photo is 'up the hill' can you confirm that this is correct so thet we can update the database.
Again, no critisism meant so please ton't take umbridge, this is just an explanation of my first post Very Happy

Laughing Out Loud, no offence at all. The van always parks there, in Pamisford Road, CR8, facing towards Christchurch Road. Hope that helps.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This picture size issue is a bit of a pain. If you are trying to link to an existing image on another site, it's a fag.
Personally, it means that rather than just entering the link, I have to download the original image, fire up an image editor program, resize it , resave it locally, then either fire up another FTP program to upload it to my own (tiny) webspce or upload it to somewhere like photobucket and then link to that in my post.

I'm an obsessive so I'm likely to do it, but I can certainly understand if the casual poster would decide it's not worth the effort, leaving us with less of the good descriptions like the excellent evidence above.

As the issue is probably just that it's the ADVERTS that get pushed off-screen, maybe you should put them on the left? Wink
Also all the other forums I frequent allow images to be uploaded directly into the forum post itself....
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01342 wrote:

Laughing Out Loud, no offence at all. The van always parks there, in Pamisford Road, CR8, facing towards Christchurch Road. Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks for the confirmation. I'll have another look at the map then bring it to the attention of the database admin to possibly correct the az in the database.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
This picture size issue is a bit of a pain. If you are trying to link to an existing image on another site, it's a fag.
Personally, it means that rather than just entering the link, I have to download the original image, fire up an image editor program, resize it , resave it locally, then either fire up another FTP program to upload it to my own (tiny) webspce or upload it to somewhere like photobucket and then link to that in my post.

I'm an obsessive so I'm likely to do it, but I can certainly understand if the casual poster would decide it's not worth the effort, leaving us with less of the good descriptions like the excellent evidence above.

As the issue is probably just that it's the ADVERTS that get pushed off-screen, maybe you should put them on the left? Wink
Also all the other forums I frequent allow images to be uploaded directly into the forum post itself....

This is something I argued over aprox a year ago.

I still don't understand as to why i have aprox 60mm of plain blue on my 17inch screen either side of the posts and adverts, i guess it must be for anyone who only has a 15inch screen, but i asked this before and never got an answer.

Thats 120mm (nearly 5inchs) of wasted space.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: