Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Disable 920 Saftey Cameras in favour of PGPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Disable 920 Saftey Cameras in favour of PGPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hectorsgaf wrote:
Can't intercept them half way then Mike? Cool
It should leave a Zipped Map in a map folder in the Download Preference of HOME.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that this is now off the original topic but carrying on re the updated files ( move it if you want ) -

getting a bit confused here.

TT have agreed (only rightly) to allow me to upgrade the West & Central Europe Map v715 ( I have thrown it back at them requesting they do US and Guam too but that is still ongoing ) . I thought it would 'appear' under 'latest map guarantee' but it didn't. I have sussed that I go into TT Home and click on update. It then gives me the option to download the v715 one.

Here is the problem. Not having an SD card yet, I deleted ( yes did backups etc ) the v710 map to make room for the new one. Also deleted the US one ( backed up also ) as there would not be enough space to put the larger v715 european one back on with US still there. This only left Guam. When I went back to 'update' the option to download the v715 had gone and I couldn't get it back. It is as if you have to have a copy of an older version on the device in order for 'update' to then recognise that you need the later version.

What a pain - reloaded v710 and am now in the process of updating and downloading v715.

Am I on the right track here?
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take out all the extra voices and other crap there is enough room for the old USA map and new Europe map, that's how I had mine at one point before the 4GB SD card went in. I also got confused with the latest map guarantee bit, it sounds like clicking the option makes the latest maps available through the update mechanism rather than being a special download. I haven't had a problem of not being offered a map but I've never had a 920 without both maps installed, somewhere.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: