Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Disgusted with TomToms service. What's the next step?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Disgusted with TomToms service. What's the next step?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hemlock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Hemlock wrote:
Eldar wrote:

How many do you think there were 500? 600?

Could be!

You wouldn't be working as a special adviser to the government or our glorious labour party by any chance? Do you actually understand the difference between facts and fiction?

Oh, I understand alright. I see at least one complaint in one form or another every day on this and other forums, thats at least 500 over 18 months - That's a fact!
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemlock wrote:

Oh, I understand alright. I see at least one complaint in one form or another every day on this and other forums, thats at least 500 over 18 months - That's a fact!

No that's not a fact. It might become a fact if you get some solid data to substantiate your claim. For some strange reason you prefer to engage in this endless banter rather than doing what I suggested from the start - get this information together and get it to TomTom.
Hemlock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Hemlock wrote:

No that's not a fact. It might become a fact if you get some solid data to substantiate your claim. For some strange reason you prefer to engage in this endless banter rather than doing what I suggested from the start - get this information together and get it to TomTom.

Well let us agree on something, I’ll agree to do something about Tom Tom in my own way, while you agree to prevaricate and accept their disgraceful service.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemlock wrote:
I’ll agree to do something about Tom Tom in my own way

Please do, and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on.
Hemlock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Hemlock wrote:

Well I would, but I didn't think you would be interested!
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemlock wrote:
Eldar wrote:
Hemlock wrote:

Well I would, but I didn't think you would be interested!

I won't be simply interested, I will be waiting with bated breath for you to perform the trick of putting your money where your mouth is.
Hemlock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
[
I won't be simply interested, I will be waiting with bated breath for you to perform the trick of putting your money where your mouth is.

Thank you for your kind comments, I will at least try to do something in my own way while you put up with their 'service'.
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to take sides in any quarrel about how many people get bad service. But I have to say that for every "internet nerd" (no offence people ;) ) who finds a place like this to air an opinion on shoddy service. There will naturally be people like my aunt who would have sat tearing their hair out wondering where to get any sound advice.

It's those folk I feel most sorry for. It may not get me sorted any quicker, but at least finding others suffering the same problems, does ease the pain in it's own way.
Solobay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Tom support and customer services suck big style and its a pity as the product is excellent.

But I could not recommend the product base don my forum documented experiences with getting my TT Rider fixed - something like 3 months!!

Complete waste of time spaking to them or having someone speak to them on your behalf

Call centre staff in general are arrogant beyond belief.

Take my advice if your unit goes faulty take it back to your supplier and state that its unfit for purpose ie goosed!
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if the mods who could take this up with contacts at TomTom, had heard any explanation as to why these things are taking so long. It appears from just this single thread that I'm not alone in TomTom keeping items for months with no explanation to the customer.

I know I only posted this a couple of days ago. But if someone could keep us updated as to what the "official" word is, I'd be most grateful. Thanks.
user10664
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: MR BUNGLE Reply with quote

demand a new tomtom 910 for your crap service you have received
we are all with you on this one
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBungle wrote:
I was wondering if the mods who could take this up with contacts at TomTom,

I'm sure that this is, or has already been done on your behalf by one of the staff.

I know you have been messed about and that is totally unacceptable by anybodies standards.

If it hasn't already been done, come on guys get your contacts onto this a.s.a.p please.

To old to die young.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classy56 wrote:
MrBungle wrote:
I was wondering if the mods who could take this up with contacts at TomTom,

I'm sure that this is, or has already been done on your behalf by one of the staff.

I know you have been messed about and that is totally unacceptable by anybodies standards.

If it hasn't already been done, come on guys get your contacts onto this a.s.a.p please.

As I said before - all these cases when they are brought to our attention are reported directly to the General Manager (Customer Services) at TomTom.
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would add some confusion into this debate regarding how appalling the TT CS is.

I had a problem with my BT2100 router connecting to the TT website - they could find no reason, nor offer any soultion that worked and I had the problem for about 8 weeks. Then I noticed on the yournav forum and this forum that there was a solution.

I advised TT that I no longer requried their help as I had found a working soultion. I also gave them the link and explained that this may sort out other peoples problems.

Guess what - they appreciated the assistance and gave me a free 12 month subscription for their safety cameras. I don't intend to use it as I have subscribed to the GPS Cameras.

Are TT CS useless - possibly, at times - like us all.
Are they human - yes, a computer would not have auto responded with a free subscription.

I think that to gather all the data and approach them with the complaints regarding their unsatisfactory service is the better solution.

Does my mail help anyone - probabaly not.

Are we all perfect - look in the mirror at the biggest culprit.

Have fun arguing
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
Eldar sorry about not replying quicker, I've been away.
You asked what the problem was. I do not wish to bore everyone with the full details so I'll give a quick run down.
The 1st issue was with a warrantry claim as my Rider would not turn on. Returned by the dealer 3 times and on 1 occasion it was returned with more faults then when it was sent. In the end by useing the sale of goods act the dealer changed the unit.

2nd issue was out of date maps. If the unit had been a Go there would have been a free upgrade. So by e-mail I asked why owners of the Rider did not get this. The reply showed that they had not even read the e-mail. So I sent another, to cut a long story short. I was asked for proof of purchase, advised of a 20% discount on maps purchased by the end of Dec 06 (this was in Jan 07) they did this twice. Eventually I was told as my unit was a Rider it did not qualify. I told them from the start that it was a Rider. Then I sent a letter as this had taken far too long. All I got was an e-mail trying to justify what had happened and not answering my questions in the letter.

To be honist I've just given up on them as TomTom service in my opinion just whants to mess around untill you give up, and in my case thats what has happened.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: