Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New user....huge problems....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New user....huge problems....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done that. And tomtom still asks me to enter codes. Dont know what else to do. I have to wait for the company to maybe give me the activation code but i really dont think that they will do that. Maybe my scandianavian map is too old. There is no mds file on it.
Once again please if someone will send me system files from your SD. I have the map that i need.
I just want to try if that will work. Is that too much to ask.?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about all the time? mds file? There is no mds file.

It doesn't sound like have even attempted to install version 5.1 - can you please do that before you retry.

You may have a unit where the internal antenna has blown (not surprising for a demo unit) and you may see better reception with an external antenna.

Lastly a warning. One more mention of map downloads and this thread gets locked.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Muki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just asking if somebody could help me. I have purchesed my card legally eventhough there are copies on thepiratebay and emule. Just wanted to do this the "right" way instead of going on the warez sites and downloading everything instead. If you cant help me then im just gonna sell it to someone else and you will have same disscussion over again and nobody wants that.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I can see people on this thread are trying to help you, and suggest all the right things. Don't you want to follow their advice?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a nasty suspicion that he is referring to the crack which was available for one of the Navigator versions (I think it was TTN2). Apparently you had to replace this "mdf" file with a cracked version.

muki

If you bought a legitimate SD card with Scandinavia map it should work with your TTG out of the box. If you are having problems with activation codes (BTW, what exactly does it say when it "doesn't work"?), talk to TomTom. Their customer support is not brilliant, but they do get there in the end most of the times.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the crack there is no mdf file. That was with a mid file, and doesn't apply to TTN5 anyhow.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Muki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have original swedish map so i dont need cracked version. The problem is that I cant upgrade my tomtom to latest version and my tomtom cant find any satellites with the current version (i hope that ive got software problem and not hardware)

I have talked with the store where i bought my map and there is nothing they can do. According to them the map should work and they cant take it back. We'll see how tomtom is gonna help me. New antenna should arrive next week. Maybe that will fix the satellite problem.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muki wrote:
The problem is that I cant upgrade my tomtom to latest version

This is what we do not understand. Why?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Even with the crack there is no mdf file. That was with a mid file, and doesn't apply to TTN5 anyhow.

Aha!
Muki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Muki wrote:
The problem is that I cant upgrade my tomtom to latest version

This is what we do not understand. Why?

Me too..the thing should work since factory cards do not need activation key after upgrade...
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A factory card should not need an upgrade, but if the previous owner had problems and re-formatted the card and re-loaded the software... then it probably isn't recognised as a factory card. If so, it will probably need a product code and activation code after you upgrade the system to version 5.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
bobbybox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muki wrote:
BTW in the gps status menu where the satellites are listed it says No GPS device! so i assume that this is demo verison without gps....and the bloody rhing keeps switching back to danish language all the time and reseting all my settings...maybe if i put new firmware in it the thing would work but i cant download any software...the ver. is 4.410...

Muki has revealed that in the GPS setion it is showing "No GPS Device!" this means the unit is a paperweight....

If you have any warranty you might get TOmTom to repair the unit free...otherwise you will need to pay to have this done.

I had a Go Classic that did this and the only solution was a new one under warranty.

No amount of software hacking and upgrading shenanigans will fix it. It's a hardware faliure I'm afraid. I have never heard of anyone recovering a go unit wiht this GPS problem.

R
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbybox wrote:

Muki has revealed that in the GPS setion it is showing "No GPS Device!" this means the unit is a paperweight....

Muki has revealed a lot of things, including:

"When i press for satellites i can see a up to 8 "things" ....staples moving up and down...i assume that these are satelites and when im outside i can see that they are to the top...."

Which means that not only some of his maps work, but his GO is also in a fairly decent shape.
Muki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was affraid that there is a hardware problem..few questions....1) what does it says on your tomtoms when you turn it on...thats before you get satellites..Is it No GPS device! or something else...2) has anyone tryed the demo card..does it work like the "real" one...3) is there someone who had problems with satellites that was fixed as soon as you upgraded...
tnx..
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you turn it on you would normally be in the Navigator view, i.e. you would see a map with an arrow in the middle of the screen. It could be either 3D or 2D view. If you don't have a map it would say "No map found". It would say "No GPS device" for a few seconds, but then it will disappear.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: