Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have a "UV" protected windscreen. It's not just heated windscreens that's a problem.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoxsterBoy wrote:
Does anybody know whether Go performs any better by using the 32x SD cards and if so would the extra performance justify the premium of these cards?

GO is I believed locked to the SD card that is supplied. After all it is the same as the Palm version which is also locked to the SD card.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imapbox wrote:
wouldn't it be that the speedcam there only will make pictures at one side ?

Yes, but software doesn't check for directional control normally. TomTom does have a sensor in it, and it may be able to check per carriageway, not sure at the moment.

imapbox wrote:
btw Dave, what kind of hardware is exactly being used and according to the GPL, the used code that's an extension to linux (note: this probably excludes the routting application) is available that you know of ?

It's based on a new platform that both GO and PALM versions are using which is loosely based around Linux. The screen is a Pocket PC style screen.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
BoxsterBoy wrote:
Does anybody know whether Go performs any better by using the 32x SD cards and if so would the extra performance justify the premium of these cards?

GO is I believed locked to the SD card that is supplied. After all it is the same as the Palm version which is also locked to the SD card.

My TT Go was supplied with a 128Mb card with Great britain map.

As there wasn't much room left for any future updates, i bought a "Lexar" 256Mb x32, i installed the software and maps on that, the only difference i found was a faster read.

The lexar x32 SD Card is on offer at Digiprintuk

http://www.digiprintuk.com/product.asp?ProductID=733&ProductName=Lexar-256MB-X32-Secure-Digital

Saving £22 on the normal price.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
BoxsterBoy wrote:

GO is not locked to the SD card, more that the SDcard is activated for the hardware already.

You can use any SD card as long as you can activate the maps. I did this with a 256MB on getting both the UK and MRE on one card. Still with space for some more. Once the map is activated you are OK, this has to be dome manually on the TomTom site.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes same here, Mike B.

It asked for personal code, i gave it,

then it asked for the device code,

Then it gave me the activation code, all done in minutes.

I'm making sure i
Don't loose the personal code
TartanGiant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delboy0754 wrote:
You may have a "UV" protected windscreen. It's not just heated windscreens that's a problem.

Thanks for that delboy - I didn't think of that. Could be the snag.

Cheers

TG
tazcab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: free congestion charge module with tomtom go Reply with quote

hi i am new to this site and i have just ordered my tomtom go from PDAMODS for £439 inc VAT
http://www.pdamods.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TOMTOMGO and it should come with a free congestion charge module ,it should let you re-routes you round the congestion charge zone , or do all tomtom go come with this , i have not seen it anyware else . or is this an addon Laughing like the site say . Thumbs Up and thanks for the great read to all keepup the good work
dodgydodgy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That software isn't for the TomTom Go. I don't know why they've got it on that page.

Mine came from Expansys for £425

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=TOMTOMGO
dodgydodgy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New TTG user Reply with quote

TartanGiant wrote:
Is there any way you can lock the map view into a high 3-D all the time (as if flying above the road) and not the low-level ground plane view which is the main default?

Yes, turn the 3D Map off in the prefs screen
tazcab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i know that Expansys do it cheeper but out of stock for the past week
and it is a must have thing Thumbs Up Mr. Green at least it is cheeper than maplin or pcworld at £499 which i could have today , but i am having to wait till tomorrow now to get it Laughing
dodgydodgy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazcab wrote:
yes i know that Expansys do it cheeper but out of stock for the past week
and it is a must have thing Thumbs Up Mr. Green at least it is cheeper than maplin or pcworld at £499 which i could have today , but i am having to wait till tomorrow now to get it Laughing
I hear you .. I was thinking the same thing, but decided I could wait a few extra days. Note with Expansys they can recieve stock, fulfil orders and still be out of stock - so your delivery estimate is the accurate time, not their time to stock (which is time to delivery before order) -- if you see what I mean ..
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: free congestion charge module with tomtom go Reply with quote

tazcab wrote:
hi i am new to this site and i have just ordered my tomtom go from PDAMODS for £439 inc VAT
http://www.pdamods.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TOMTOMGO and it should come with a free congestion charge module ,it should let you re-routes you round the congestion charge zone , or do all tomtom go come with this , i have not seen it anyware else . or is this an addon Laughing like the site say . Thumbs Up and thanks for the great read to all keepup the good work

The congestion charge module is already a built in function of all TT software.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDAMODS, good luck, just make sure they REALLY do have one in stock.
I know from experience these jokers DO NOT always tell things as they really are.
TartanGiant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New TTG user Reply with quote

dodgydodgy wrote:
TartanGiant wrote:
Is there any way you can lock the map view into a high 3-D all the time (as if flying above the road) and not the low-level ground plane view which is the main default?

Yes, turn the 3D Map off in the prefs screen

Top Man dodgydodgy Thumbs Up ........... read the manual properly, instead of get up and go!

Cheers

TG

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 19 of 35

Jump to: