Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am looking into the house number issue......I agree in part but having used all our products I know it works pretty well.

As for the question raised about 2 yr updates and V7...The site states:

for GPS systems equipped with ViaMichelin Navigation software, version 6 or higher (ViaMichelin Navigation X-960, X-970, X-970T, X-980T and X-950/X-950T and equipped with a 2007/2008 Edition map

Anyone with V7 can do it and get V7 maps as it ties in with the product that you have registered!

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Well I am looking into the house number issue......I agree in part but having used all our products I know it works pretty well.

It does work well but not as well as the "town search" (or it could). I hope the "postcode search" will allow a house number in the future (*ONLY* if required). I will continue to use the "town search", although it does require more effort! The decision *not* to include the house number makes the "postcode search" a little redundant for me, because I known the "town search" is more exact.

Quote:

As for the question raised about 2 yr updates and V7...The site states:

for GPS systems equipped with ViaMichelin Navigation software, version 6 or higher (ViaMichelin Navigation X-960, X-970, X-970T, X-980T and X-950/X-950T and equipped with a 2007/2008 Edition map

Anyone with V7 can do it and get V7 maps as it ties in with the product that you have registered!

I did see the “version 6 or higher” bit... When registering for updates there's only a version 6 drop down option. I pm'ed Stu earlier and I think it may be fixed soon?
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the drop down menu which asks to select your model the New edition units are not listed yet. They should be on by tomorrow night and this will allow you to use the drop down below and select V7.

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu,

Where can I find the 980 new edition manual in Dutch? Normally I should have the new unit by the end of next week and I wanted to have a look in the manual already, but I only see the 'old' manual.

Eddy

Deepfour wrote:
If you look at the drop down menu which asks to select your model the New edition units are not listed yet. They should be on by tomorrow night and this will allow you to use the drop down below and select V7.

Cheers

Stu
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:

Cheers

Stu

The drop down list now include's V7 Very Happy
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be the only time you hear me utter the words...Hooray for the French!!!

www.leyio.com

perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know if the V7 upgrade discs have been sent out yet as was suggested was going to be the case in an earlier message?
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

we are in the process of working through the requests we have had , this may take a few weeks as its a very high number and its centrally controlled from Paris for the whole of Europe.
We have had a very very good uptake on the free offer - Funny that!! Very Happy

www.leyio.com

archie159
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour,

not nagging, and I realise you were away, but do you have any comments re the questions I asked you on Nov 1st (earlier in this thread - sorry, not sure how to link to it)?!

Thanks,

"Archie"
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

I've used my X970 V7 on some more trips now and I'm still very pleased (TMC is working a treat). However, I did notice a problem with the Speed Camera warnings... I often get false positives. It seems that its detection zone is a little wide! For example, whilst travelling on the M25 or M40, I often get 30 MPH warnings when there are no speed cameras in sight. When I changed to "track my position" mode, I could clearly see that the speed camera it was actually warning me about was about 1000 yards off the M25 or M40 in some village.

This became a little frustrating when diving on the motorway, as it was forever
warning me! It would be useful if the “user” could change the detection zone depending on the road they are driving on (or time/distance). So you could have a smaller one when driving on fast roads and increase it for more built up areas.

Do you know of any way to reduce the detection area on V7 devices manually?

Cheers,

Rob
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received my version 7 package this morning and am looking forward to the new improved experience.

MANY THANKS STU Laughing (Sorry for shouting)
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..........and while we are on the subject of speed camera settings/database etc.

Following my most recent download of the PGPSW d/base onto my X 970T I have now noticed (for the first time) that, as far as the FIXED cameras are concerned, some cameras still seem to warn with the little camera icon i.e. icon and a distance warning, whilst for others I now see the speed limit as an icon (which is actually much more helpful) together with the distance warning.
There seems to be no logic as to why and where this happens.
Can anybody shed any light?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
..........and while we are on the subject of speed camera settings/database etc.

Following my most recent download of the PGPSW d/base onto my X 970T I have now noticed (for the first time) that, as far as the FIXED cameras are concerned, some cameras still seem to warn with the little camera icon i.e. icon and a distance warning, whilst for others I now see the speed limit as an icon (which is actually much more helpful) together with the distance warning.
There seems to be no logic as to why and where this happens.
Can anybody shed any light?

Suspect that's where information about the speed hasn't been given to the people who create the data. So they don't know what speed the camera will activate at only that there is a camera in that location?
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100,

Did you notice anything about a delay like wecpc mentions in http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=356000
?

Eddy

Bertie100 wrote:
Hi Stu,

I've used my X970 V7 on some more trips now and I'm still very pleased (TMC is working a treat).
Rob
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Suspect that's where information about the speed hasn't been given to the people who create the data. So they don't know what speed the camera will activate at only that there is a camera in that location?

No, I don't think that's necessarily the case. If you download the PGPSW d/b following the instructions elsewhere in this forum you "attach" the camera icon to all the camera locations. At no time have I included any speed icons so I don't know where they have suddenly come from??

I might understand it if I had used the VM d/b but I haven't.

The fixed cameras on the M4 around Port Talbot for example, show up as a camera icon and yet at several spots in the Midlands recently (e g A45 yesterday in Brum) a speed icon has appeared - which as I said above is more helpful especially when you are not familiar with the road.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20

Jump to: