Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginner’s Guide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner’s Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nearandfar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next it will be putting a dummy copper on the side of the road with a great big speed gun
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
jadunlop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Help!!! Reply with quote

Hi there, just bought a TomTom GO 500. I have a iMac running MAC OS X 10.3.9. My TomTom is running v5.211 and i was going to update to version 5.4 something from the TomTom website. However my TomTom was working great until I downloaded the speed camera sites from here, now if I go to enter a destination my TomTom freezes and then resets itself! I have made a backup on my iMac of the SD card.

I would really like to have my TomTom working properly with the camera sites loaded as I paid the £2 for a month to see how I got on. Is it a problem using a iMac and not a PC windows machine or have I done something wrong? Will the update on the TomTom website fix this?

I also have a problem with the bluetooth only taking one number from my mobile LG phone book although I've manually dialed from the TomTom unit.

Please advise me oh knowledgeable ones!

Jim
spraggy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: help !! Reply with quote

Sad please help me i dont know what to do with my navman icn 550 i want to download the "Single File Version" on to my navman but i dont know how to do it can you please send me an email back explaining on how to download it on to my navman as it is all paid for.

Thanks
Spraggy1
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: help !! Reply with quote

spraggy1 wrote:
Sad please help me i dont know what to do with my navman icn 550 i want to download the "Single File Version" on to my navman but i dont know how to do it can you please send me an email back explaining on how to download it on to my navman as it is all paid for. Thanks Spraggy1

Welcome to the forum Spraggy1

Follow the instructions at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-navman.php the difference using the single file option is that only one csv and bmp file will be shown i would suggest you load the Consolidated by Type option this will give different icons for all the camera type's .
bluestreak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: cant put zip file on poi Reply with quote

have icn 720 trying to put single file camera data base on poi have been here for three hours now ,not funny have zip file on desktop running xp
not clued up at all,poi say it doesnt reconise file.
George-Hay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a newbie.......

this is my old mans account. i am just trying to get to grips with installing the camera databases and trying to get it to work.

my old man has a tomtoom 300 go system. i downloaded POI CAPTURE 1.03G.5.420

I the extracted it all onto the desktop. following the instructions and after doing a search i am still lost.

i copied "pocketGPScameras.ov2" file into the great britain Map folder (drive f: tom tom go) and also copied POI Capture.BMP into same area. both of these files were not in the same extracted folder though?

now when i load up the tom tom there is no speed camera picture (just a red square) and it is only finding cameras where i tell it there is?

the closest speed camera to ourselves is 30 miles away and it found that when i went through the road on the map. now my old mans a bus driver and travels everywhere so whats gone wrong?

what other folders do i need to copy and paste? and to where? the "icons" folder itself with all the 20,30,40s etc are ALL .bmp files and there is no more ov2 files

what have i done wrong? i have read through a lot of stuff to try and stop posting but everything just says download the database but what database Rolling Eyes
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George-Hay wrote:
i copied "pocketGPScameras.ov2" file into the great britain Map folder (drive f: tom tom go) and also copied POI Capture.BMP into same area. both of these files were not in the same extracted folder though?
The BMP you need to Copy to the Map Folder is named PocketGPSCameras.bmp and it's in the Icons Folder.

George-Hay wrote:
and it is only finding cameras where i tell it there is?
That's what it's supposed to do. It's not there to show the cameras in the Database, but to Capture those that aren't.

George-Hay wrote:
what other folders do i need to copy and paste? and to where? the "icons" folder itself with all the 20,30,40s etc are ALL .bmp files and there is no more ov2 files
You need to Copy/Paste the SdkRegistry and POICapture Folders (including the Icons Sub Folder), to the Root of the SD Card.

You will also need to rename the tomtom.300.mnu file to tomtom.mnu and Copy/Paste that into the SdkRegistry Folder.

George-Hay wrote:
what have i done wrong? i have read through a lot of stuff to try and stop posting but everything just says download the database but what database
The Database you mean here is probably the Speed Camera Database. If this is the case, then the POICapture that you have downloaded is the wrong File.

To be able to download you will need to subscribe, which I notice you have. On the left of this page, in the Members Area is a Speed Cameras Link.

Also, further down, there is a Help link for the 300, under TomTom GO.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy's answer is correct on all the individual points, but it would be useful if you could make it clearer whether you are:

a ) trying to install the speed camera database (that the cameras shows on your TomTom screen and can be set up to warn you audibly if you wish), or

b ) trying to install the POICapture utility (that allows you to record new camera locations in a simple way, in order to send in reports to PGPSWorld), or

c ) both.

a ) and b ) above are totally different things, and at the moment you seem to have installed bits of both. Personally, I would get the camera database up and running before even thinking of installing POICapture.

Let us know what you are trying too achieve, and we can give you more help if the pointers above are not enough.
Svengali_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Initial Setup Reply with quote

Please excuse what you techies must see as asking the obvious - but I am getting old, & trying to save my licence!
I have bought a Tom Tom Go 300, and I am trying to make sure that I get an audible warning when I am within slowing-down distance of a camera. So Far, So Good.
I saved the original map data to a hard-disk file.
I downloaded the POI file, & unzipped it.
I copied the unzipped files into my map folder, overwriting the existing files.
I wanted verbal warnings, telling me what speed I should be doing, so went to the page (Can't find it now!) that told me to check my version, & download the specified file.
I found out that I had build 5.410 (5628) on my instrument, renamed the existing chk file as "old", & copied the new file & renamed it data.chk.
HAVE I DONE IT RIGHT SO FAR?
I have gone into my "Manage POI" on my instrument, and tried to set my warning distance, but the last two camera types - although seeming to accept the warning parameters - show up as unselected next time I look.
Am I missing something?
Finally, if I update my Tom Tom system or even the map, must I go through the whole process again?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Initial Setup Reply with quote

Svengali_uk wrote:
HAVE I DONE IT RIGHT SO FAR?
A big YES to that.Smile
Svengali_uk wrote:
I have gone into my "Manage POI" on my instrument, and tried to set my warning distance, but the last two camera types - although seeming to accept the warning parameters - show up as unselected next time I look.
Am I missing something?
When you say that 'they show up as unselected' do you mean they have no speaker Icon with the Name? If yes, this is something I've never come across before.
Svengali_uk wrote:
Finally, if I update my Tom Tom system or even the map, must I go through the whole process again?
If you Update the TT System then yes, you will need a new data.chk File.Sad

If the Maps are updated, then you will need the OV2 Files in the New Map Folder, and will have to set up the Warn When Near again.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
deltoid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me which speed camera database I could use with a Navman version 1.96 linked to my ipaq by bluetooth?
exemacs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TT Go 300 V6 firmware. I would like to use the pocketGPSworld Camera POI's

Can someone please provide me with a link so I can download these POI's as i cant find it despite looking :-)

Thank You
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link is on the left of the page you are on now...
Quote:
Members Area (£2)

Subscribe Now
Speed Cameras <------

but it doesn't work unless you've subscribed first (use the link immediately above it).
dootie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackieD wrote:
Hi

Could I ask a coupe of questions? You say here we can either downloads the full list or the speed zoned subcategories. Does the full list give you the exact same info as the speed zoned sub categories? I just wonder why I would choose one option of download over the other.

Also, as I run CoPilot Live 5 I need to download csv and bmp files but what about the xls files? What are these for? And do I also need to downloads all those wav files in the database?

I think I may have spent an hour downloading the wrong files!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your question, Dootie?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 15 of 33

Jump to: