Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Has my 520 gone mad?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Has my 520 gone mad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stampy72 wrote:

I get the same problem if I want to go somewhere in the Midlands - Rugby Railway Station for example.

What is your starting point? We need that if we want to see if we can recreate it.

Stampy72 wrote:
It sends me back to Peterborough on the A47, then South through some MAJOR roadworks on the A1260, right onto the A1139, and then A605, A14, M6 and finally A426

In theory, it SHOULD send me down the A43 to Kettering and then A14 to Catthorpe, then through the village of Catthorpe - across the A5 - and then the B5414 straight to the Station.

Weird!

Assuming from your description you're coming from the North, I tried a 'fastest' route (on the v865 W+CE maps again):

Starting point: the A1 junction with the A606 west of Stamford
Destination: Rugby Station (built-in POI).
Planning preferences set to: "fastest"

It DID follow your preferred route down the A43 to Kettering then onto the A14 towards Rugby as far as the M6.

However rather than going into Catthorpe it opted for a short stretch on the M6 west and down the A4261 into Rugby from the north to the station, which to me (without any local knowledge) looks probably quicker than your B5414 route.

So sorry, I can't recreate your problem either.
Can you give reproduce it now on a demo route?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: