Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map updates + 6 months free ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map updates + 6 months free ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theloft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anita and Mike. Have to report that Mike's system worked fine but could not use the Anita method as there was no blue cursor at bottom of screen. Maybe it is my TT device. Anyway, thanks both for replying.[/b]
theloft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raining here was well Anita, but I just stood on the porch and got a fix. Thanks for the info about larger SD card Mike, but wonder why TomTom said not to use the card for anything except maps ? I know there is only a little space left, butI got the impression they were talking about cards in general.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but I don't have the luxury of a porch. Step outside the front door and I get wet! Sad
Samsung Galaxy S21
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theloft wrote:
but wonder why TomTom said not to use the card for anything except maps ?

If they were meaning the card currently in use then they were correct due to it being full, if they mean all cards in general I would put it down to stupidity and not knowing much about their own product range - Mike
theloft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Thanks, MIke.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for a daft question, but I'm already in a twelve month map update malarkey. A few months to go until it runs out. If I go for this offer, do the eighteen months start now, or at the end of my current subscription?
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apologies for a daft question, but I'm already in a twelve month map update malarkey. A few months to go until it runs out. If I go for this offer, do the eighteen months start now, or at the end of my current subscription?

Hi Seamaster
I was wondering the same thing.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricWB wrote:
I have recently paid £29.70 for the initial update, my maps were over one quarter old, the 12 + 6 months update for UK & ROI. Its more than I would have paid if I only used road atlases as I would only change them every three or four years for about £10.00 a time but for computer maps with all the detail that goes into them I think its pretty good value for money.

I haven't used these since I got my first TomTom in May 2005. It is by no means a full set, but there's already a good couple of hundred quid's worth!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
theloft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:

I think you will find that the offer expired on 31st March 2010 !
theloft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Trevor1234"]
Quote:

Hi Seamaster. I was wondering the same thing.

See my post to Seamaster.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theloft wrote:
Seamaster wrote:

I think you will find that the offer expired on 31st March 2009 !
Not so!! The FINAL offer expired on 31st March (2010), but it has now been extended for a FINAL period of this week - it's still showing as a banner on TT Home (unless it gets another extension).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
theloft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
theloft wrote:
Seamaster wrote:

I think you will find that the offer expired on 31st March 2009 !
Not so!! The FINAL offer expired on 31st March (2010), but it has now been extended for a FINAL period of this week - it's still showing as a banner on TT Home (unless it gets another extension).

Yes, sorry guys, I have been away for a few days and had about 50 odd emails when I got back. Was working through them in order and the Topic Reply Notification came through near the top. Have just got down to the TomTom offer extension and was about to post another to that effect, but you beat me to it !!
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two Tomtoms, a 700 and a 930. After several of these 18 month update emails, I decided to bite the bullet and update the 930.

On connecting to the computer, the computer recognises it as a TT930 and I can manipulate the files in the 930 with Windows Explorer, but TT Home fails to recognise it, showing "No device connected!" in the lower right corner. I have tried everything, including the Clear Flash tool and swapping the Home_Images folder with a newly downloaded version as advised on TT support.

So I decided to update the 700 instead. I was surprised it started since I haven't used it for a couple of years, but it worked OK, so I started going through the process on TT Home, and clicked on the Checkout button. Home threw up an error message, which seemed to suggest that the map was not vaildated. I sent the message to TT. The map is perfectly legal, and is the Map Guarantee map I downloaded when the 700 was new. So I gave up, and when the 700 restarted it showed "No map found". So TT Home has screwed up my 700 buy doing something to the map. The map and all the files are still on the device, according to Explorer. I have tried everything, including the Clear Flash tool and swapping the Home_Images folder. When I load the backup of the 700 when it was first delivered, before Map Guarantee, Home tells me "No Maps Available".

Talk about frustrating - I've got two devices and I can't update either one of them! And the update offer is finishing today. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
theloft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeUK wrote:
I've got two Tomtoms, a 700 and a 930. After several of these 18 month update emails, I decided to bite the bullet and update the 930. Talk about frustrating - I've got two devices and I can't update either one of them! And the update offer is finishing today. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I had a problem too. I got an error message and although it would download, would not transfer to my TomTom. So I phoned TT Support
and was fortunate to connect with a really nice guy, who ttok me through the process, after phoning me back! Then the old map uploaded, so again he took me through deleting the old map and tranferring the new map.
First class, but you do lose some of your stuff. I had to reload favourites, and could not enter my home address, etc. Thanks to pgpsw this was solved as you can see above. The new map (UK) is still not perfect, but definitely better than the old one. You may be out of luck to-day a it's a bank holiday but if you have paid and money taken, try to-morrow, I'm sure you will get the help you require.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Spike:

Have you tried a pin reset on the 930? If not, do so and see if the unit is recognized when connected to the computer.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: