Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using HI-303MMF for permanent install-your experience needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using HI-303MMF for permanent install-your experience needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eisenb11
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe my parcel shelf is made out of wood, but there is a metal frame mounted on its underside to house the speakers, wires, rear brake light, etc.

Currently, I have the GPS power cord snaking through the metal casing to the GPS unit which is on the parcel shelf. Theres a child seat anchor hole in the top center of the rear seat that I easily snake the wire through.

It should be easy to move the GPS to the back of the trunk, then snake the antenna wiring through the metal casing back towards the rear of the trunk.

It's really hard to say for sure until I get the antenna and test the length, thickness, and malleability of the wire. I ordered one today for $20.00 which I'd expect to arrive sometime near the end of this week.

This isn't really needed, I guess, but I'd like to do it as a precaution to prevent the GPS unit from getting fried on a nice sunny day. Smile

This surely has turned into quite a project... but it sure is a fun one! Smile

eisenb11
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't notice this thread until today.

I have the haicom bt slipper permanently powered from a power socket in my boot - the slipper is in a storage compartment in the boot and I have an external antenna.

The as I leave it on all the time I removed the battery and only install it when I want to use it away from the car.

Only time I unplug the unit is when the car will be parked for more than a week.

I get a first fix using ttn3 in about 15 seconds when I startup in the morning - normally befroe I've reversed off my drive.

Hope this assists someone else.

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: