Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom go 700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom go 700
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chinablue1951
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please dont be so quick to jump on me I dont have a clue what meta is or what its for I bought these maps in good faith of a friend who has now gone to austrailia i was suggested this site by another member here. its good that your so knowlegble on the subject of piracy but unfortunately I am not
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinablue1951 wrote:
Your a very stupid man they are not stolen and get your facts correct before you accuse people

Oh, I may be a stupid man but I'm pretty sure I have my facts correct. Laughing

And, for what it's worth, I do believe you. But, from what you've told us, the maps indeed are hacked, cracked, stolen, whatever you want to call it.

Contact your friend and ask him where he got the maps that he provided you. And then, report back. This stupid man would like to know .. Confused
chinablue1951
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read previous Post Please
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please dont be so quick to jump on me

Sorry but i can't see where anyone "jumped on you". If you read back through the thread you'll see things were explained in a clear and careful manner. Sorry if some of the responses offended you but we have a zero tolerance policy to piracy here and that might come across a bit harsh.

Sadly you've been conned by your "friend" who it looks like he wasn't as open and honest as he should have been...
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situation is that you've bought something which the seller was not entitled to sell, it's the same as the dodgy DVDs and CDs in the pub or boot sale. With the difference that this one won't work legitimately - you simply can't take it home and play it because TomTom have incorporated anti piracy measures. Just like the DVDs and CDs, copy maps are piracy, plain and simple. It has taken a couple of posts for the situation to be clarified, so some of us have reacted in our normal manner regarding piracy. The enquiry is generally the innocent claiming to be having difficulty installing his new map. We rarely, if ever, jump into the piracy mode right off. Nevertheless, we won't help anybody to support piracy and this includes the innocent victims - just as the police will confiscate stolen goods from anybody who buys them. To be honest, if you search through my posts you will find that if/when I get going on the piracy theme, I'm a lot more vicious than anything you've seen in this thread.

Down to basics. You can't copy maps from one device to another, otherwise TomTom's map sales would not happen after the first one was bought and copied. Your "mate" had to know it when he sold you this one, otherwise he wouldn't have added more information.

The legal way to get a map is to purchase and download it over a broadband connection from the TomTom website, www.tomtom.com. The UK and ROI map your mate sold you will cost £40, the proper Western and Central Europe map will be £70.

You have to accept your loss and go to TomTom if you want a newer map. If you need guidance on how to go about that, we'll be happy to help. But to be honest, any more trying to get help here with the map you bought will only give people the idea that you really did know what you were doing when you bought it and simply can't follow the instructions or didn't get enough of them to crack the security coding. The new map you've got is barely a week old, it's not secondhand quality. You are stretching our credibility in asking us to believe your mate sold his TT device, sold you a new map and emigrated to Australia all within the last week. Confused

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: