Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map Corrections
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map Corrections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 720 I see that location as New Lane, one way from north (Gowthorpe, A63) down to Massey Street/Portholme Road, and with Market Lane running from East to West (right to left) ONE WAY to join it.

I don't seem to have received any Mapshare updates for some days, only QuickGPSfix. I didn't see any parking garages there (but don't take that as worth anything, I think I messed it up!).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just found this in another thread today ...
Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

In response to your query, the map corrections. updates using map share on the new Go720 and 520 models is temporarily unavailable.
Our IT department and 2nd Level Technical team are fully aware of the situation and are already working to have the matter resolved shortly.

In the mean time, we suggest not trying to update the maps via map share as this feature is temporarily unavailable.

What price a guess that they don't have the IT capacity to handle all the updates they've been receiving, so it's got broke?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still using HOME 1.6.020 and deleted all my downloaded map corrections from my 520. I then set HOME to get all my updates and it got approximately 2Mb worth of map corrections (I have the Western Europe map on SD card) and plenty of POI corrections, too. So MapShare isn't broken for me....
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckie008 wrote:
There is a cross junction ahead.
I am heading stright across,
TomTom should say "At the end of the road, go straight ahead"
This indicates to the driver that you have to stop and give way to traffic left and right before crossing the road.
Well TomTom sees this as a straight stretch of road, so if a driver wasn't paying attention to what was in front of him, he might just have driven straight over the junction (i know it's not likely) and may have had a nasty accident with vehicles coming from the left/right at the junction.

I have a solution.

Get your car keys, open the window and throw them out.

"if the driver wasnt paying attention"........... pay more attention to the road than to the TomTom please. Thats what road signs and those 2 things below your eyelashes are for.

Steve
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVR wrote:
While we're on the subject of Mapshare, are there any TT1V2 owners actually receiving (downloading) mapshare updates? I can upload, no problems. Never had a download so far as I know. If I had I don't think I'd know anyhow. Shocked

When you view a corrected mapshare item, what does it look like on the tomtom screen? any different?

I know someone in know will answer, so thanks in advance.

Yip when I update via TT Home I am told I appear to receive mapshare updates but there is no way to tell or check what the updates are well I dont know of anyway that is.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I always suggest looking at to see if it is working is one that I actually sent in on the first day I used Mapshare...

Go to N 51.46564 W 0.21270 (just south of Putney Bridge in SW London.

There's a little cul-de-sac that is wrongly called "Brewhouse Street" on the original v7.05 maps. I corrected it to "Brewhouse Lane" and from then on it changed to that on the map if I had "Corrections I made myself" ticked in the Map Correction preferences options page. Now however, it must have been double-checked, as it now also appears if I just have "Corrections verified by TomTom" ticked.
If I un-tick ALL the corrections options it goes back to "Street".

The corrections don't look any different on the map.

(Edited to adjust co-ords slightly)

Last edited by Andy_P on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
The one I always suggest looking at to see if it is working is one that I actually sent in on the first day I used Mapshare...

Go to N 51.46506 W 0.21226 (just south of Putney Bridge in SW London.

There's a little cul-de-sac that is wrongly called "Brewhouse Street" on the original v7.05 maps. I corrected it to "Brewhouse Lane" and from then on it changed to that on the map if I had "Corrections I made myself" ticked in the Map Correction preferences options page. Now however, it must have been double-checked, as it now also appears if I just have "Corrections verified by TomTom" ticked.
If I un-tick ALL the corrections options it goes back to "Street".

The corrections don't look any different on the map.

I entered the latitude and longitude and I can confirm your changes are showing on my map which is v6.75

My map change prefs are set to mine, tomtom, poi and trusted so you must be trusted or its been verified by TT
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Brewhouse Lane Reply with quote

I have got Brewhouse Lane on my TTG500. But those co-ords come back as the end of Deodar Road which is futher East.
But it proves Mapshare is working. CoPilot
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the same as Stuart, Brewhouse Lane but your co-ords put me on the end of Deodar Road.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone! wrote:
those co-ords come back as the end of Deodar Road

Sorry, my error. Don't know what I did there (well, it WAS late!)

To avoid confusion, I've now edited the co-ords to something closer. (But I've left it off the actual road so the description box attached to the blue cursor doesn't obscure the actual text of the road name).
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your edited co-ordinates are spot on and the your change was there on map v6.75

Then I got my free update to map v7.10 and the past changes weren't shown, I moved the neccesary files for map share to the correct map folder. But all the map corrections I received in the past weren't shown on the new map. So through TT Home I removed all map corrections made by myself and TT then run update thinking they would be installed again, but they weren't any ideas will I get this mapshare corrections appear when I update at some point?

Does mapshare actually function correctly in TT One v2 with map v7.10?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be the nub of the problem with Mapshare - it SEEMS that the corrections aren't cumulative, so if you miss any or lose them for whatever reason, you lose what corrections you had, and a new download doesn't include them again.
I did some experiments with POI corrections and it was exactly the same - got some new police stations via Mapshare, removed the update files, downloaded again - corrected police stations gone.

If this is true, then Mapshare simply doesn't work properly. I'd like to think I've got it wrong, but in the absence of ANY details from TomTom, (either as instructions or in response to support questions), I haven't got any option.
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Andy for confirming my own suspicions,so I aint lossing my marbles yet Laughing Out Loud
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Look at Leisure Road, Latitude: 51.447935, Longitude: -2.499861. Zoom right down.

On the original maps it has no directional arrows. Since I notified it, it now has in and out directional arrows (if you accept corrections from old men) - it used to tell me to cross the roundabout, fourth exit, now it only says third exit - still wrong, but they won't take out that silly little spur road yet, even though it was a misplaced advance marker for Leisure Road.

Ive got the mapshare facility to accept corrections from ALL sources and this road only has one directional arrow at the very far end of the road at the top of the roundabout. Both roads leading to the roundabout are indicated as able to accept traffic from both directions. So that correction hasn`t been made public yet then!

iPhone 12
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVR wrote:

Interesting I thought the minimum was 675 maps? Yes I do see the modifications I do. Did my modifications reach others? N53.78324, w1.07026 (New Street, Selby, North Yorkshire) In this area I have added lots of local parking and if you look ay the road it should have two one-way streets meet each other, head on, then turn to right (as you look at the screen) Have you all got this info?

On my tt1 3rd edition running full mapshare correction downloads, the road you refer to is on my tt as "new lane" and runs from Gowthorpe south to "28 new lane" on a one way only basis travelling south. "Market lane" joins this road from the east and is also a one way street travelling eastbound only. Is this not what you have reported? I have mapshare set to receive ALL available corrections.

iPhone 12

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: