Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Vario 111 (HTC Kaiser)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Vario 111 (HTC Kaiser)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'est bon..merci. Still only have the 4 GPS selections though...I don't see an 'internal' one ! (And I did a soft reset.)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of software does the device think it is running? tap the sat strength meter and it should report version 6,030

This software should offer five selections:

Built In GPS Receiver
TomTom Bluetooth GPS
TomTom Wired GPS
Other Bluetooth
Other NMEA

It is possible the install has failed if the unit is still reporting 6,010 if this is the case use the remove software option to get rid of the earlier version from the unit, then run the CAB file installer again on the device to install the newer application (if you set the CAB to read only it will still be available on the device, if you didn't do this simply copy it to the PPC Phone again) - Mike
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....certainly a whole lot faster...TT seems to kick in round about 10/20 seconds now...proof will be tomorrow morning when it's a 'cold start.'
Version is now showing 6.030 (8320). I'll try what you suggest to see if I can get the 'internal' option to show up...strange
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested, 6Gb micro card works just fine in this device.
However, reinstalled TT6.03 (8320) twice now, and there's definitely no 'internal gps device'....just the standard four options. I just chose 'Other NMEA device' which seems to work OK. Not sure that the device is quite as sensitive as my Holux....picks up within 10 seconds or so, but satellites seem a bit on the weak side..mind you, I am in my study...should be better in the car I guess.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
Not sure that the device is quite as sensitive as my Holux....picks up within 10 seconds or so, but satellites seem a bit on the weak side..mind you, I am in my study...should be better in the car I guess.

Yep - only sensible test is to do both outside with 'clear sky'.

Also holding the GPS (in this case the PDA) can greatly affect the received signal strength.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect...full strength outside...amazing device.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the Middle and South of Spain....Vario absolutely faultless...picked up satellites every time within seconds...great not to have to rely on the Holux in the back of the car. By the way, would you call this device a Pocket PC or Windows Mobile ? (for when downloading programs.)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Pocket PC device, even though it is running Windows Mobile software for the OS, for software make sure you get PPC based software for it - Mike
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

I've just taken delivery of an MDA Vario 111 & a sandisk 6GB card which is recognised by the Vario 111.

I have a few challenges:

1. Tom Tom Home does not see my card. so I can't install any maps.

2. I tried installing 6.03, but it was rejected as not being a supported device. (6.01 is on the device after tom tom support emailed it to me)

3. Tom Tom state that the Vario 111 is not supported, but the HTC Kaiser is. Is there any difference?

4. I use a mac.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only say that I followed Mike Alders advice and all is 100% fine. TT Home sees the card OK... I downloaded 6.03 following Mikes link, all OK, and I even took a chance with the registry so I can now see the lat and long. And TT works a dream....just off to the South of France with it.
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh how I hate home. it has crashed on me several times now. 6.03 now installed, but still on"internal gps" to select.

I have reinstalled 6.03 about 4 times now with the same result. I'm not sure what 'remove programs' does, other than removing the today plug in and other shortcuts, as the folder 'Navigator' was not removed, so I removed it manually.

instead to get the gps signals I have selected 'other nmea' & baud rate as Mike suggests @ 9600.

It does seem weak compared to my Go720 & not as many satellites & they are changing constantly. Weird.

Home stiill crashing on my mac.

Mike
steveJ
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just taken delivery of my new shiny T-Mobile MDA Vario III, and also a copy of Navigator 6. My question is, I already have a TomTom 910 and am using Home on my PC already. Will the MDA be recognised by my existing copy of Home, and will it cause any conflicts with the 910 ?.

regards
Steve

PS. I will backup everything before I attempt anything. Wink
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveJ wrote:
Hi,
I've just taken delivery of my new shiny T-Mobile MDA Vario III, and also a copy of Navigator 6. My question is, I already have a TomTom 910 and am using Home on my PC already. Will the MDA be recognised by my existing copy of Home, and will it cause any conflicts with the 910 ?.

regards
Steve

PS. I will backup everything before I attempt anything. Wink

Home should recognise it. But, you should create a new account for it as the 910 is linked to your existing account.

I have two accounts now - one for my Vario 111 & another for my Go720. You can't have two devices linked to the same account at the same time.
Difficulties arise when you have traffic on one account and want it on the other - you have to prove to tom tom, by sending an email with a scanned copy of purchase invoice before they will move the traffic etc across.

Just for your information the Vario 111 is NOT (yet? when & if) supported by tom tom (even though the Kaiser is)
steveJ
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MikeProcter,
Many thanks for your advice. I've now got my Vario III running 6.03 a treat, and even get a sat lock in the living room !. I did have to set the GPS manually as both yourself and FrequentFlyer.
Using TTHome can be a pain as we all know, but it seems to work easier for me if I put my microSD card in a card reader, and Home sees that as my phone ( downloaded 6.03 this way, first time ).
Now's time to try ang get the PGPS speed cams on and working, wish me luck Smile
cheers
Steve
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveJ wrote:
Hi MikeProcter,
Now's time to try ang get the PGPS speed cams on and working, wish me luck Smile
cheers
Steve

Thats the easy part!

just extract the speed zoned database & put in your map folder (either uk or the western europe one)

If you want voices then search this site for the ogg files. the just open navigator & set up the warnings. I don't 'warn on route' so that I can still see/hear them if I don"t have a route planned. (like at the moment as my BMW speed sensor/ECU doesn't work so I need something to let me know how fast I'm going!

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: