Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT v7.120 now for OneXL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT v7.120 now for OneXL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I configured Home 2 to accept everything for download, connected the 720 which had two ov2 files that TomTom had sent me prior to connection.

After it had downloaded and installed the files I had an additional 55 new ov2 files in my map folder, with the speed camera database loaded the way I want that leaves me 15 Custom POI categories left to go at - at the moment.

As there are 64 built in POI Categories I can only assume 9 of these have yet to be updated by anyone using map share.

I then connected my One XL to update that and see if the Doctors category I updated for Blackpool has been made available and Home 2 refuses to see it Twisted Evil - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an update I have found a list of what has been updated, this list was offered to me using TomTom home 1,6 when connected to my 720 - it clearly defines the POI Categories it is going to update and gives the option to not include should you wish

As things were working with Home 1,6 I next connected the One XL which is running a UK & IRE map, again Home 1,6 offered a list - slightly less categories to update but that is due to the difference in map coverage - installation of the update crashed part way through, second attempt worked fine though. Having checked the POI updates I sent in a few weeks ago for Doctors they are still not available for download using the Map Share system Crying or Very sad

Mike
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff_UK wrote:
having read the tomtom link in gardenshed's post, the ONE v2 is not listed either??

I certainly have got version 7.120 and it "appears" that the mapshare function is available. What I can't test is if it is actually doing anything??

There are no extra .ov2 files in the map folder and the only "strange" looking files are:

MapUserPatch.dat
DeletedPoi.local
does that mean you have the v2 and it has the update to ver7.120 ?

strange if you have co when i was on the tt home it never offered it, 6.56 i think it was Shocked
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardenshed,

I have a tomtom One V2 that was purchased for me by work in April 2007. I was running version 6.56 and when I plugged it in to update quickgpsfix, I was offered the V7 download.

that screenie was taken from HOME hence the free memory being shown as 32mb.

sorry, can't workout how to link to my pbase site??

I have NEVER seen anything like mikealder has posted, regarding updates??

Link edited to show image - Oldboy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I have never seen those screens before either, thats why I captured the images, I have only just enabled the POI Share preferences on the devices and in Home when it did that - Mike
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tomtom one v2 and I only get gps fixes when I connect to tomtom home...how come I am not getting updta to v7 option
PaulBt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

The question was "How do you know if you have got map corrections"
On the actual maps I don't know of any corrections. I was checking one of my more obvious corrections, and found that it only worked when I had my corrections displayed.
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, just upgraded the application to 7.12 on my TomTom ONE, And I find Map 660.1219 is not compatable, "Map Corrections" button says This map is out of date, and not suported by map share etc. I sent an e-mail to TomTom and moaned at them about it, thought I would see if I could get a new map out of them. Also upgraded TomTom HOME to 2.0, some of the features on there don't work either, for instance, the change icon on map, I don't have anything to change it to, and there is no button on the TomTom to change it. While I'm here, what version of TomTom have I got, on the version screen it used to say "TomTom ONE V4", but now it says "TomTom ONE" and thats it. I bought it in April, and on the box it says "New Edition", so is it a Version 2?
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said earlier tanda I have tomtom1 v2 newedition and do not get the opportunity to update the firmware I cant understand why some tom tom one owners are able to and I am not, very strange.
But i guess if its not broken dont try to fix it.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulBt wrote:
Andy,

The question was "How do you know if you have got map corrections"
On the actual maps I don't know of any corrections. I was checking one of my more obvious corrections, and found that it only worked when I had my corrections displayed.

Maddening isn't it! TomTom just don't seem to realise that we need some sort of feedback from the unit. All these automatic updates without any idea whether they've worked are just not enough information.

I suppose that if you make a correction yourself and no one else confirms it, then you will get the situation you describe:- It shows up when you enable view of your OWN corrections, but it will only show up on "submitted by some" or "submitted by many" when enough other people submit it too, and it will only show up on "TomTom verified corrections" when they get round to it (who knows when that will be!)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanda wrote:
........ And I find Map 660.1219 is not compatable, "Map Corrections" button says This map is out of date, and not suported by map share etc.
You need to be using map 675.1409 or more recent in order to use Map Share, the One Third Edition has the very latest maps at v705.1485 so if you are considering purchasing a map I would go for the latest (if its available yet) - Mike
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using TTH, I clicked on BUY LATEST MAPS - I added the map for WE to my cart but I am unsure what version of map I am buying. How can I tell?

I am not sure about buying an updated map when I have app 652 and map 660 loaded on my V2.

It may be better to sell my V2 and buy a V3 or 720 (when the bugs are fixed) as these will come with TTH2, new map etc.

Last question - does the V3/720 come with TMC aerial?

Cheers
nmbaker
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 720(T) Comes with RDS-TMC Receiver, but the 720 does not
TTCams latest 19/05/09 Traffic - live
SDHC 16GB
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but TomTom are not selling the (T) version in the UK (as the RDS/TMC is so poor here).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: