Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - installing poi's to tomtom one new edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

installing poi's to tomtom one new edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirtygaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea where i went wrong, i followed the instructions word for word 3 times, only when i deleted the pre-installed TT OV2's did it seem to make a difference.

Out of curiosity, if i was to subscribe to the TT speed camera alerts, would they both work in tandom with each other?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should do, but why would you want to do that. Confused

Sometimes you'll get double warnings. Other times not.

TT's offering doesn't include Mobiles.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
jam5ter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TomTom Onev4. I have the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland map v660.1219.

I have successfully loaded the OV2 speed camera files and they work just fine. I am having problems loading the spoken alert OGG files. I have placed them in the same folder has the OV2 files (Map folder) and all I get is my TomTom playing its default sounds as I approach speed cameras.

Can anyone help?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam5ter wrote:
I have a TomTom Onev4. I have the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland map v660.1219.

I have successfully loaded the OV2 speed camera files and they work just fine. I am having problems loading the spoken alert OGG files. I have placed them in the same folder has the OV2 files (Map folder) and all I get is my TomTom playing its default sounds as I approach speed cameras.

Can anyone help?
Have you been back through the POI warning setup?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And did you load one of the sets from THIS PAGE or somewhere else? Only the ones on that page have been "ready-renamed" to match the ov2 files.
There are also instructions at the bottom - as BGF says, you MUST re-do the "warn when near" setup for EVERY camera type.
jam5ter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
And did you load one of the sets from THIS PAGE or somewhere else? Only the ones on that page have been "ready-renamed" to match the ov2 files.
There are also instructions at the bottom - as BGF says, you MUST re-do the "warn when near" setup for EVERY camera type.

I did download the OGG files which match the OV2 filenames and yes I have been through the "warn when near" setup for every camera type. I noticed when I went through the POI warning setup again it did not ask which sound to play (as if it knew there are OGG files associated). I have seen referneces to updating the data.chk file or something - do I need to do that?

Also a seperate question - what is the difference between the pmobile and mobile files?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mess with the data.chk file as this is not required when using ogg files. You should have a standard data.chk file in place.

Can you confirm you are using the Speed Camera database from PocketGPSWorld.

Have you still got the TomTom supplied cameras installed to the device (they are pre-loaded and should be removed), there are instructions on removing these, see #13 on the FAQ page. Leaving them on the device will result in double warnings and it is possible the TomTom warning prevents the ogg file from playing.

As a test try AtoB Advanced planning, set a depart point as post code FY43NN house 95, destination PR41AX house number 33, next use Show Route/ Route Demo set replay speed to 100% and sit back watch/ listen, you should get a GATSO 30 followed closely by a mobile 30 warning - what do you get on the device (BGF I will add the Test instructions to the FAQ page later, forgot to do it last time)

PMobiles are reported locations where mobile cameras might be operating from, they are Pending verification before inclusion in the main mobile camera database - Mike
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
(BGF I will add the Test instructions to the FAQ page later, forgot to do it last time) - Mike
Thumbs Up

mikealder wrote:
New toy arrives on Wednesday Smile Guess what this time??
No idea what it is, but only a few hours to go Exclamation

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
jam5ter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Don't mess with the data.chk file as this is not required when using ogg files. You should have a standard data.chk file in place.

Can you confirm you are using the Speed Camera database from PocketGPSWorld.

Have you still got the TomTom supplied cameras installed to the device (they are pre-loaded and should be removed), there are instructions on removing these, see #13 on the FAQ page. Leaving them on the device will result in double warnings and it is possible the TomTom warning prevents the ogg file from playing.

As a test try AtoB Advanced planning, set a depart point as post code FY43NN house 95, destination PR41AX house number 33, next use Show Route/ Route Demo set replay speed to 100% and sit back watch/ listen, you should get a GATSO 30 followed closely by a mobile 30 warning - what do you get on the device (BGF I will add the Test instructions to the FAQ page later, forgot to do it last time)

PMobiles are reported locations where mobile cameras might be operating from, they are Pending verification before inclusion in the main mobile camera database - Mike

I have not altered my data.chk file from new.

I can confirm I'm using the speed camera files from PocketGPSWorld.

I thought I have removed the TT speed camera files correctly (but didn't read any instructions on how to do it).

Where is FAQ #13???
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam5ter wrote:
Where is FAQ #13???
On the FAQ Page. Laughing

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: