Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT910 custom Speed cam warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT910 custom Speed cam warnings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the very first backup with Explorer anyway and i kept this on an external HDD because i'd read about the TTS problem on the forum before i'd even bought the 910. After that i did another backup with Home on my PC and i compared the files and folders done via both methods and they were identical.

I now have a third backup which i call my "active" backup which has everything included, including my MP3's photos, POI's and cams. This backup is also done with Home and i keep it current with the Synchronise button in the backup area of Home.
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More questions for the experts.

What is the difference between a mobile and a pmobile?

Can you copy and paste a mobile.ogg and make it a pmobile.ogg to get the additional custom warning for a pmobile?

Can I archive the maps that I do not use and camera warnings for the rest of Europe so that when I backup it takes less time and disk space?

Thanks in advance
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimh999 wrote:
What is the difference between a mobile and a pmobile?
A mobile is a known verified location where the camera operates from, the pMobile location is a submitted location that as yet still requires verification as a feasible location.

nimh999 wrote:
Can you copy and paste a mobile.ogg and make it a pmobile.ogg to get the additional custom warning for a pmobile?
Yes you can do this, you need to make sure the ogg file name matches the pmobile ov2 file name exactly (minus the file extension of course), configure your warnings and the device will alert you to pmobiles in the same way.

nimh999 wrote:
Can I archive the maps that I do not use and camera warnings for the rest of Europe so that when I backup it takes less time and disk space?
Again you can do this, but I would also add you should back-up the maps to a removable media (DVD) and keep them safe, if you delete them from the device they you need the data stored elsewhere, I wouldn't trust a simple hard drive in a PC for this - put the data on DVD and keep it safe - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: