Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Home...latest version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Home...latest version
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a card reader it is MUCH faster to do a backup from your TT media to your PC than using TTHOME in any case.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an email from TT Support today telling me I could now use the latest version of HOME. So I installed the update which turned out to still be the same version 1.5.032 dated 29th January and it still has exactly the same issues as before.

So, here I go again uninstalling it & reinstalling the old version which still has given no bother at all. Grrrr
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded about 3 weeks ago when still using the Orange M5000 and it changed the name of my device! I knew I'd be moving across to the M3100 and worried I might be using up my device changes but this wasn't the case. Had an email from TT saying as much although that didn't fill me with confidence. However, M3100 arrived yesterday and activation was not a problem. Still strange though.
Holux GPSslim
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest from TomTom support:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

No, this is indeed the latest version we have available, however after more investigation we advice you to please use version 1.3. A future TomTom Home update is be worked on, thus this will solve your problems. Please contact us within a months time to see if the new version is available.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Customer 19/02/2007 03.47 PM
Thanks for your message. I've just installed the new version but am experiencing exactly the same problems as before. It said it was version 1.5.032, which is exactly the same as before. Should it have a differtent number if you've made any improvements to it?

Response (Shanda N. (UK)) 19/02/2007 01.52 PM
Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Once you have the Navigator 6 software installed and running on your PDA you can now use the updated version of TomTom Home.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Customer 14/02/2007 09.16 PM
Thanks for your advice. If I continue to use the older version as you suggest, I'll be asked if I want to install the update every time I turn it on. How will I know when the update is a newer one that will solve the "challenges" that you atre having with the newer version please?

Gun Shoot Out TomTom Support Team Burn In Hell
MikeGordon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have experienced the loss of the Backup function. The TT Home display tells me that there is No TomTom Device. I wondered whether it may be something connected to my updating ActiveSync to version 4.5?

It downloaded all the latest updates OK, though, and voices.

I shall deinstalling and reinstalling and see what happens. I feel so much better, it ain't me!

I have also seen this morning that after installing the latest version of Firefox (2.0.0.2) that the main www.tomtom.com displays correctly but nothing works. IE7, unfortunately, works fine

Mike[/i]
laurie53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't find v 1.3. Any body got a link please?

Thanks

Laurie
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on Oldboy's updates page This should take you straight to it: :D http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/oldboy/TomTomUpdates/HOME1.3_308.exe
laurie53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
It's on Oldboy's updates page This should take you straight to it: :D http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/oldboy/TomTomUpdates/HOME1.3_308.exe

Thanks, Calomax

Laurie
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a month has passed, I emailed TT Support, as I was advised by one of its team, to ask if the version with a fix is available yet.

The reply I got was "The latest version of TT HOME is 1.5.024.

The version I had that gave all the trouble was version 1.45.032, I understand that 1.5.024 had previously been withdrawn.

Anyway I downloaded HOME again &, on installation, I was told that it was being upgraded to version 1.5.106 shows how with it the Support team is. Sadly this apparently most recent version still has the same problems as I have had all along.

It still crashes if I start it when the device is connected, but it's fine if I start it then connect the device & it still doesn't backup. Pistol Shoot Out
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the same problem with the latest download of Home (v1.5 build 106 March 14th 2007). All previous updates worked OK. The only other thing lately is upgrading ActiveSync to 4.5 as someone else already mentioned.

I can explore the device, it says its connected and logged on but on the backup page it says no device connected. I also will use alternative method of SD card backup for now.

Tom Tom's response was:

"With reference to your e-mail, please uninstall the TomTom HOME Programme and then uninstall any firewalls and anti-virus's you have installed.

Once you have done that, disconnect your TomTom unit. Log into our website - www.tomtom.com and download TomTom HOME again and this should resolve the issue."

I'm sorry, but I can't be ar***d !!!!
[/i]
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now had another reply from TT Support saying can't offer a solution at present, will pass it on to level 2 support Joker

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: