Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SPV M2000 PDA - TT5.21 - BT77 RECEIVER ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SPV M2000 PDA - TT5.21 - BT77 RECEIVER ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay mike all points noted, incidentaly wonder just what type / size off memory card you use yourself in this unit ?? reason I ask as I do notice that when navigating the various on screen choices ie. just setting various things like the camera warnings, poi`s enable etc before I even start the maps / gps receiver set up , that it can take a good few seconds for the choice to actually be reckognised once the " done " button is touched, the card I am using here is a 1GB size but not a particularly high quality one, likely to be the cause off this slow response time ?? any comments regards whats best in terms type card to use for optium speed ??
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a SanDisk 2GB card in my unit, its nothing special in terms of speed but it works quite well, I am not too sure if the BlueAngel will support higher capacity cards and work reliably, 2GB is sufficiant for what I need from the device to be honest.
The delay in tapping the screen to actually getting the selection you want is something you need to learn, when it does this (mine does from time to time) simply leave the device to catch up with your selection, if you get get too far ahead of it all hell can break loose, recognise the symptoms and slow down with the selections - I find it often happens when first starting to use TomTom on the unit i.e. switch on, plan route etc, once running the application is fine - Mike
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough mike as soon as I had posted my last coment I noticed that my inflight mode was on, turned this off and the response time was almost instant between selecting my choice within TT and it being recognised- learning all the time !!! Confused

think thats it tonight mate Smile as ever thanks so much again.

john

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: