Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - problems with getting started
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

problems with getting started
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwoollett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is not working for me. I can not change the file type it only offers (*.*). Also my files have a picture next to them which windows use if the file is not recognised on hte link given it is a white sheet with a red box in the corner. So I am still lost as to what to do.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please... tell us the full name of the file you are trying to open.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll scream in a minute!! So many people trying to help and we can't get the information out of you, vwoollett (this isn't criticism, we realise you're no expert, which is why we're all trying). Tell me you live in or near Keynsham and I'll come round and see you tonight!!!!!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
vwoollett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed sorry for the slow delay I was studying. Unfortunately I live in East Anglia but thanks for the offer.
The file I am trying to open it pgpsw-speed-cam.zip ( I hope that is the correct one for the navman 570). When I open this file the picture have a little symbol with a paint brush on the other have the one when you computer goes on standby and the white pictures come up before they go to the normal ones or if it is a file that the computer does not recognise (does that help?).

I can open up SmartST then POI then etc but when I try to open the file it will not let me as it is an unknown format.

I am either doing something really wrong or I really am that dense. Tahnks for any help
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwoollett wrote:
Embarassed sorry for the slow delay I was studying. Unfortunately I live in East Anglia but thanks for the offer.
The file I am trying to open it pgpsw-speed-cam.zip ( I hope that is the correct one for the navman 570). When I open this file the picture have a little symbol with a paint brush on the other have the one when you computer goes on standby and the white pictures come up before they go to the normal ones or if it is a file that the computer does not recognise (does that help?).

I can open up SmartST then POI then etc but when I try to open the file it will not let me as it is an unknown format.

I am either doing something really wrong or I really am that dense. Tahnks for any help

First, remember I don't have a Navman, so I can't take you all the way through it.

BUT, BUT, BUT you do NOT open the file pgpsw-speed-cam.zip.
It's a special compressed file which is made small to be able to download it quick and easy. It contains files which you need to work with. Once you have downloaded this file, you then have to "Unzip" it to be able to get at the files you need to work with. Unfortunately I didn't ask you before what Windows version you have. If you have Windows XP, simply double click the file pgpsw-speed-cam.zip and you'll get a window on the left of which you will find an entry saying "Extract all files" - click on that and you will then get the files unzipped - Take note of where they get placed so that when you then start using that SmartST business you can go to that folder and to open them you click on the filename, which should then go into the little bar place for filename and click OK or whatever makes it open the file.

I have now already gone way beyond my knowledge (sorry, ignorance) of Navman and camera files for it. I therefore hope the above is sufficient to get you there - come back with how you get on, but I shall probably drop out in the hope that somebody wise can pick you up from here on.

I do hope what I've told you is brand new for you, otherwise it will all sound like a condescending fool trying to teach grandma how to suck eggs.

vwoollett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thank you I think it has worked. I tried extracting files before but obviously done it wrong. But I did get evertyhing on the screen as expected. I will try it tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Thank you for your patience, hopefully I will not need to post another note.

Merry Christmas to everyone who has helped.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouncing Bouncing Jumping With Joy Bouncing Jumping With Joy Clap Clap Clap

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: