Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GTM21 TMC Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GTM21 TMC Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: in my view its more garmin than the UK TMC system Reply with quote

g6ens wrote:
however, whilst i agree that signal strength is clearly better outside of the UK (in the US my 660 worked perfectly) i dont think we can just blame the UK.
We can blame the UK - take the 610T across to France, and it'll have much better signal reception.

Quote:
I do also note that i think in the UK there are actually two different TMC providers, one which is broadcast by classic FM which i thought was free and i think the trafficmaster one which has a charge and is on a different channel.
There are 2 provides, and they both charge, and both use the same charging model.
Harveyc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my recent journey to Lancaster and back I had traffic from the south coast, up the A34 to just before I joined the M40, then nothing until I joined the M42 outside of Birmingham where I got full traffic all the way up to Lancaster. More bizarrely, I later continued upto Ambleside to stay over with friends and got traffic reception all the way to Windermere. On the way back the traffic didn't kick in until I hit the motorway at Kendal, then stayed all the way apart from the M40 section again. If I had to do the M40 regularly I might consider lengthening the antenna as others have mentioned but overall this is an impressive performance and the TMC continues to function way above expectation. This trip confirms my earlier suggestion that any TMC problems are clearly a function of location, transmitter location and antenna placement rather any problem with the unit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: