Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One memory card problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One memory card problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I have exhausted all possibilities regarding my aunts TomTOm then given a general lack of responses? (not picking, just commentating)

I will go ahead and see if I can copy my freinds memory card in that case. It may well be illegal (can't for the life of me see why - seeing as we own a TomTom) but need to see if the card works when formatted and copied. Then we'll know if the card is actually faulty in some way. Then I guess we ask TomTom if they will replace it (without charge - doubtful?) Crazy that you can't get backups via TomTom website.

Otherwise the TomTom is useless if we can never backup files and update maps. Thanks to Oldboy for all the suggestions.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBungle wrote:
Otherwise the TomTom is useless if we can never backup files and update maps. Thanks to Oldboy for all the suggestions.
Just a thought, have a word with TT Support 8O on 0845 1610009 and see if they can offer anything on why you can't add any POI, or see anything with XP Windows Explorer.

It's a long shot but they might suggest something.

It's a problem I've never heard of before.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
foxytheoldone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pleased to say that my local halfords store were more then happy to swap out my tomtom one for a new unit, no probs with this one it even managed a good backup (187mb) instead of the 34k i had with the duff one..

so i'm happy as a bigin sandpiper at the mo....
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
MrBungle wrote:
Just a thought, have a word with TT Support 8O on 0845 1610009 and see if they can offer anything on why you can't add any POI, or see anything with XP Windows Explorer.

It's a long shot but they might suggest something.

It's a problem I've never heard of before.

I had actually been emailing TomTom while also posting messages on these boards. But they had just kept replying telling me to use the TomTom software and everything would be ok Confused

Thanks for the direct number. May well get more sense from them!
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick addendum to the above post. Managed to speak to someone at TomTom who was as confused about this whole thing as everyone else. It's a strange problem indeed.

They said it needs to go back for repair (the memory card) - which is a shame. With todays speeds it would have been nice if I could somehow access an FTP server or such and have access to whatever files I need to format and sort the card myself rather than wait 5-10 working days for a repair.

Still, at least it will be fixed, even if the wait isn't ideal (my aunt uses it a lot as she is retired and drives all over the place.

Thanks again.
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update in case anyone was curious as to how this saga ended. It hasn't! TomTOm have had the card for at least the 10 working days and say they are still working on it. Now, I don't see how it can take that long to format and reinstall everything to a memory card (personally I think it should have been replaced anyway).

Not impressed at all. Shocked it had to go back to the netherlands, and annoyed that they seem to be dragging their heels over this. My aunt is really missing the unit at the moment as she pretty much used it almost everyday.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: