Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 4700 & Recovery
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

4700 & Recovery
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reteb wrote:
SimonCatlin wrote:
Is this WM5.1 running on the PC or PPC?

The way I use Sprite 5.1 is to let the PC Agent (part of Sprite 5.1, but running on the host PC) initiate the backup on the first connection of the day with the PPC. The PPC actually runs the backup process.

However, since you asked, I've also had a look at the manual and have proven that you can run the backup from the PPC using the 'Networking' option and this lets you run the whole backup process from the PPC and back it up to the PC directly.

Therefore, Sprite allows you to backup to a storage card on the PPC or directly to a PC. The choice is yours.

Reteb

Retb
Thanks - I'll do some digging - my version actually reboots the PPC to run the backup...So establishing a network connection maybe an issue, but as I did not know that option existed (until 3 minutes ago) I could be eating humble pie!
reteb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimonCatlin wrote:
...my version actually reboots the PPC to run the backup...So establishing a network connection maybe an issue...

Simon
You are right - Sprite does reboot the PPC, but it waits until the connection is re-established before it starts the backup. Once the backup is complete it then reboots the PPC again and you are back to where you started (but with a backup stored on the storage card or PC).

Reteb
sharps4065
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, a mine of information as usual.

Regards
Clive

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: