Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Tom Tom best suited to first time user
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Tom Tom best suited to first time user
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have limited experience of satnav but plenty of experience of parents and technology so hope this helps. My father bought a PDA with sat nav and didn't go any further than opening the box before giving it to me with a confused look on his face. Since the he has bought a TT One and loves it, he finds it easy to use and can't go any where with out it, even places he has been going for 60+ years. So from his experience TT is a good buy, if you need French maps then adding maps and a bigger SD card to a TT One will bump the price up to near or above a TT 710 so that is what I would recommend, also the bigger screen might be kinder to older eyes.
Hope this helps.

Barry.
cyclone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks one again for the replies.

I thought I had managed to decide on theTom Tom for them, but now another question.

To cut a long story short, could someone please tell me if the Via Michelin is just the software for use on a PDA or available as a stand alone unit ?
This has now been thrown into the conversation but I know nothing about it. Also, is the Via Michelin any good ? I know this is a Tom Tom thread so may be a bit biased on the answers here, but I need to convince the Tom Tom is a better option if thats the case.

Thanks in advance.
Barry72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PDA my father gave me came with Via Michelin and I was very happy with it until I tried TT and became filled with jelousy, then it broke:) so TT710 arrives this week. The Via Michelin I had did not have full post code search so you then put in street name and even doing that it tried to take me to the wrong side of Glasgow.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: