Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hi just joined and ordered a TT910 and...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi just joined and ordered a TT910 and...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stustaff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pitstop my fingers are crossed that I get a good one(touch wood)

I did look at the Garmin but at about the same price it didnt come with US and Canada maps! which for me was a nightmare as id be adding at least another £150 onto the price!
nudda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you got a bad unit mate or that batch in PC World was bad all together. I ordered mine from amazon and its absolutely fine. I havent had mount problems either !

The nuvi is nice but theres something about a tomtom that isnt in any other GPS unit. Ironically, I think its the build quality that does it for me - although the mount has had numerous complaints, the overall build quality of everything is excellent and has a solid feel no matter what accessory you use or button you press.

Having said that Ive owned a Garmin product before and they are also very nice - but Im glad I got the tomtom as I personally feel its the best GPS unit you can get out there in the market.
mrstella
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The aquisition of satellites was better too - it even picks up indoors and you can even leave it in the car door pocket and just listen to it.

To be fair the 910 has no problems working indoors or leaving it in the car door pocket as thats what i have had to do whilst waiting for the new mount.

If i havent had issues recently with the mount then i couldnt fault the product, and even with the faulty mount the unit is so much better than the garmins treetpilot that i used to use.
stustaff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit more positive Smile

I may have to get a new mount or rig it up differently anyway as the windscreen on my car is pretty curved a bmw coupe.

My thoughts are either a permanent fix by fixing a piece of solid perspex to a piece of my dash and then attatch the sucker to that or do that mod where you remove the arm and sucker and sit it in my central console.

But need to see the unit first.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: